How Much Credit Should VY Get?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

2. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I haven't seen too many people on here say that all of our success is due to Vince. Granted, I don't read every thread so I may have missed it. But Vince will naturally get a lot of the credit when a simple QB change sparks such a turnaround for the team. Every other position has the same players as when Collins started except QB.

The team as a whole has a new mentality. Is it because Vince is starting and bringing some confidence to the team? I don't know. I think it at least has something to do with it.

In the end, football is a team sport and everyone has to work together and depend on one another for success. CJ would not be on track for 2000 yards if he didn't have a good line to run behind. In the same way, Vince has had a lot of help leading this 5 win streak. It's not all because of him, but the guy definitely deserves some credit for his great play thus far.

3. dahobbs

dahobbs Camp Fodder

bwahahahahahahahahaha

Of course the entire team deserves a lot of credit, but I think everyone that has paid attention knows what you are really trying to do.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Our O-line should get most of the credit...but Vince does deserve most for this win. Hell of a game.

And also to our receivers for making those crucial 4th down catches.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's a team sport. He deserves more credit than Kerry Collins :). But without Britts great catch(s) we probably wouldn't of won that game. Without the OL blocking we wouldn't of won that game. Without a strong defense we wouldn't of won that game.

6. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR Starter

I think he gets alot of credit and here is why (please feel free to let me know where I am wrong)...

1. Something that VY has done in the off season or before has this team believing in him. He stepped right in and the whole team rallied around him. He has been unselfish IMO dishing off when it needs and only tucking and running after his reads have been made and the play breaks down.

2. Teams have to completely change their game plan when he is on the field. He opens up the field for CJ and all of his receivers. Drop back and he will beat you with his legs or let THE MAN CJ destroy you or blitz he buys a little time and dumps it off. I can't imagine being a head coach and preping for this guy with the weapons he has.

3. He's keeping the D off the field to get a breather. With Collins the three and outs were destroying the D. So I'm personaly giving him credit for that.

I'm not saying he is there yet but he has come along way and there is no where to go but up.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The QB usually gets too much credit for a win or blame for a loss.

The Titans are playing better in all phases of the game and particularly at QB. Some of the horrible luck they had in the 0-6 start has changed as well. When that deflected pass is caught by Scaife in stride yesterday, I knew the football gods were smiling upon those in two-tone blue.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Uhh...you mean "except coverage units," right? :ha:

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

True. But Bironas has hit some big FGs and the Titans are getting better results from the punter. Even though they are not setting the world on fire, there hasn't been turnovers from the return game.

Maybe the Titans need to clone Donnie Nickey? :ha:

10. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

I watched this earlier.

Why can't we just say that everyone deserves credit? Why is it that every player on the "team" gets a percentage share of credit?

VY would tell us that the team deserves the credit :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar