How much credit does Schwartz deserve?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 22, 2006.

?
  1. 100%

1 vote(s)
    3.8%
  2. 80-99%

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. 60-79%

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. 40-59%

8 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. 20-39%

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  6. 1-19%

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. 0%

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Who are you crapping now jeff?

"The Eagles, and their #1 offense, had drives down to the Tennessee 42-, 42-, 41-, 24-, 20-, 18- and 1-yard lines, none of which resulted in a touchdown."

You have started 2 threads to accomplish what? Certainly in the above post you seem impressed with the defense yet you whine because i use the word incredible Waaaaaaaa.... I don't have to use your own words to state your position. Hell what is your damn position? You draw a line in the sand and then put one foot on each side.

Is schwartz a good defensive coordinator? Yes or no? Answer! If you answer yes don't whine that i misstated your position. You didn't start these 2 threads to bash him that's for sure.

Then as you whine about how your position has been misrepresented but have no problem painting me as a schwartz only basher when i have been the fing poster child for holding fisher's feet to the fire and reese. shame on you!:moon2:

Is jimmy schwartz a good defensive coordinator yes or no?

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

TJ's point his crystal clear. Most of us who blame Schwartz for the bad do not give him credit for the good.

He is neither advocating him as a good coach nor tearing him down as a bad one. Each time he does this though, he sures starts a fire under someone's arse.

Today you are in the hot seat.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Childress..

So why didn't he wait until we had a string of decent games to make that point? It was barely midnight monday morning after the eagles game and he started a thread of that nature. What did he expect a schwartz butt kissing after one or two games?..

I am impressed that he is setting the rable straight. All these ignorant fans just bashing poor jimmy when they should be more even handed. I wish we could all be as diplomatic as he..

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm not a fan of Schwartz as I've said more than once. I do give the man credit for when the defense plays well just as I am critical when they don't.

Since you appear to be getting rather worked up, allow me to simplify for you:

1. I start threads asking for the Schwartz bashers after a good defensive game because I see so many being critical of him without giving him any credit. I like exposing hypocrites. No way can you say the man is the main reason for the defensive problems the last 2 1/2 years without giving him credit for defensive success.

2. I have always felt, and always will, that the main reason for the defense's success, or lack thereof, is due to the player execution. In the past 2 1/2 seasons, Buddy Ryan would have gotten limited results with the limited experience and ability on this roster.

If this answer doesn't straighten things out for you, feel free to use the search feature of this forum and follow a few of the many threads on the subject. You will not ever see me say I think Schwartz is a good coordinator.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Now i understand jeff..

If you don't think even vince lombardi would have made a difference with this defense then your obvious problem is your lack of knowledge about the subject.

You said you like revealing hypocrisy. Wow after one decent game? Your point would have been more valid after 5 or 6 games. As it is the point is lame.

Thanks for simplifying a lame point. Obviously you are one of those who think that coaching doesn't matter so i wonder why they pay these guys so much. You have already invoked the names of buddy ryan and even vince lombardi as individuals who couldn't do much better. Care to add paul brown and bear bryant to that list? And why would you say that you are not a fan of schwartz and then say that buddy ryan couldn't do much better? Buddy was a pretty darned good coordinator wasn't he?

A lot of holes in that argument of yours jeff.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Quote of the year...

" Could Vince Friggin' Lombardi get injured and inexperienced players to play at a higher level than Jim Schwartz? Maybe."
    ----------------------------------------

Maybe? Vince lombardi......maybe...

What more needs to be said?

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I love these debates & some of your posts on both threads have been really good. It's you who looses when you lose your cool with people your good posts are overshadowed by personal attacks.

Highly entertaining though :))

8. TitanJeff

Got a crystal ball too? Time machine?

Bama would be 12-0 right now if the Bear were coachin' em.

My first thread was after the Colts game. Again, the search feature might do you wonders.

Putting more words in my mouth. Bravo.

I was among the few who was openly critical of Fisher as early as the bye week LAST year. But don't allow facts to cloud your judgement.

Are the black helicopters flying particularly low today?

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The dishonesty continues..

My goodness you said that MAYBE even vince lombardi couldn't make much an improvement over jimmy schwartz i quoted you verbatim right here! Bullcrap!

You dig yourself so deep you need see straight! We all can accept that lombardi was a great coach and you said you are not a fan of schwartz.

What knowledgeable football fan would even mention lombardi and schwartz in the same sentence? What is wrong with you? That's the dumbest thing i have ever read on these boards.

10. TitanJeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar