How many of you guys are secretly cheering for us to lose?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

:suspect: Excuse me? Maybe you missed are 2 game win streak. We are not great but "stink"?

Always play to win. Losing or throwing games for draft pick *cough* Texans *couch* is weak sauce.

2. Nine

Nine Starter

And maybe you missed that I originally posted that on Nov. 18th, when the team was 2-7. ;)

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

My bad.

I was sharpening my pitch forks and lighting my torches as I type.

:yes:

4. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

What benefit would come from losing???? What? A top draft pick..... WooooooEeeee..... Big F'n Deal! You never know who's going to pan out or not with those high draft picks. It sure hasn't helped the Cardinals or the Lions over the years has it?

You should never want to lose. I don't care how bad you record is! Anyone that cheers for this team to lose is a complete idiot and should go root for Detroit. You'll get your wish every year.

5. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

If it meant Calvin Johnson was a Titan, I'd have to think about it

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the problem with them is that they've avoided issues with their lines and the D which renders al that firepower useless

you can counter that point by looking at teams like San Diego, who by instinctive drafting and good coaching, have turned into one of the better teams in te league .... we'd be a much different team with guys like Tomlinson Rivers and Jammer

... but in hindsight ... a high draft pick is helpless in Floyd Reese's hands

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Cardinals both Boldin and Fitzgerald post over 1000 yards. Their line is irrelivant to the passing game.

Fact is they haven't helped their team get to the playoffs.

9. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

I'm just sick and tired of losing all the time. I understand the logic that some people want high draft picks but where does it end? I think you have a lot more to gain by learning to win than getting a little better draft pick. Other than a few cases a year, draft picks (regaurdless of when you take em) don't really start contributing for a couple years (at least to their potential)... Sure there are exceptions, but there aren't a lot, and there is almost never a situation where a rookie totally turns a team around. We've already lost seven games so I think we're going to end up with a pretty descent mid level draft pick which is fine by me. I would rather win some more games then head into next year ready to kick peoples ars... Time to get back to the play-offs!

10. TM

TM Starter

Yea, he really blew it with Pacman and Vince. They are total busts.
    :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar