how many more 2k seasons for cj

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by hoheff78, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

just wondering what you guys think. Do you guys think cj will have more 2k seasons?

2. Titanfan2009

Titanfan2009 Starter

If he even gets to the mark once more, that's amazing.

Why he could do it at least once more:
    1. He accomplished it in his second season, at the age of 24. He has a lot of future ahead of him. Barry Sanders, for example, had 8 seasons of 1100+ yards before breaking 2000.
    2. He has a skill set unlike any other back. His speed, plus VY's growth, should prevent most defenses from being able to completely shut him down.
    3. Did I mention how fast he is?

Why it won't happen again:
    1. 2000 yards is really hard. 6 backs have done it, none more than once. It takes skill, no injuries (to the back and the o-line), and a little bit of luck.
    2. He won't have this speed forever, and he's probably approaching the peak of his physical conditioning (specifically top speed).

I hope he does. I'd rather have a Superbowl championship before he hits 2000 again though. Well both of them in the same year would be just fine.

3. sincewarrenmoon

sincewarrenmoon Camp Fodder

I see him doing it again at least once more. As far as speed goes, you never really lose the speed.

He'll be faster than most players when he reaches his late 20s. It's the wear-and-tear that limits a player, but as long as he has his legs, the leg-turnover and speed will always be there. Look at how Randy Moss, Deion Sanders and Darrell Green still run/ran away from people later in their careers.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

zero

he might have another 1800 yard season somewhere, but i don't think we're going to try to give him the ball 400 times in a season for a couple years.

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Keep in mind he was the sole back this year, I think they'll go back to using two backs like his rookie year. We need more time of possession, and the kid needs a break.

One thing I saw that I and others have been calling for for some time, was using VY/Lendale/CJ in the backfield at the same time, they did that vs Seattle once or twice. They should have been doing that when VY was named starter..so hopefully we'll see more of that in the future, whether it's Lendale or Ringer.

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Maybe once. I do see many many 1,300+ yard seasons though :)

You have to remember those first 6 games with KC at QB, CJ didn't average as high as rush yards as he did with VY. CJ did better with VY. VY will be the fulltime starter next year so does that mean CJ does better? DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!

7. iQon

iQon Starter

If you want this team to accomplish something, you'd better hope he never does it again on a healthy slate.

Because they overworked him and if it wasn't for this stupid, unspoken rule that the better record gets the big award; he would be the MVP.

Get some damn backups we have faith in (even though the Lendale situation might have been posturing to lower his value?) and get some receivers that make people second guess what we're going to do to open it up for CJ and Vince. And CJ will be a perennial 1500 yard back. That's all we should need of him.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Yeah he did better with VY true. But guys be realistic. 2,000+ has been done 6 times, ever. Even if we fed Cj the ball the same amount or more, it's unrealistic to expect him to beast it up again. I'd say 1200-1500 yards is more reasonable from now on.

I think we'll have a more balanced attack from now on, whether that means success or not who knows, but I dont expect CJ to get 300+ carries again.

9. DaKid937

DaKid937 Camp Fodder

Hopefully none.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i hope never again.... id rather see him get the ball 300 times and 5 ypc for 1500 yards like a piamp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar