How long until Lendale White complains?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Lendale's in a contract year. He slimmed down in the offseason (which must have been torture for him) in an effort to show up that he can be a starting running back in this league. There have been several instances recently where he has made a point of coming out publicly and saying the "right" thing, so it's evident that he is thinking about his image. He clearly wants that one big payday.

Yet now he hardly ever plays. No one ever talks about Smash and Dash, yet everyone talks about how great Chris Johnson is. Chris Johnson is now even stealing Lendale's goal line carries, if the game against San Diego is any indication.

Lendale has to start complaining soon, right? Even if he doesn't, I would expect him to bolt out of Tennessee as soon as he can since he will feel disrespected by Fisher. The Texans seem like a likely destination for him. Will he come back to burn the Titans? It doesn't worry me, but it's something to think about.

2. pettso

pettso Starter

I doubt Lendale will be a Titan next year. I like the guy, but Javon Ringer seems like he'd make for a great backup for CJ, someone to potentially replace CJ when he gets too expensive for our FO after his rookie contract ends.

There's plenty of teams that have terrible running backs. Lendale has shown what he can do in the past few years so the fact that he's not getting any carries this season won't really hurt his value. He's also shown that he is willing to work at getting better by dropping all that weight in the off-season. Coming out and complaining about not playing may actually tarnish his reputation.

Also, I doubt he's gonna get a big payday regardless of how much he plays this year. He's not a premier back in the league. He'd make a good backup and a decent split in a 2 back system.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

First off, I'm a big LenDale fan so I'm really going to hate to see him go. But CJ is clearly the better back so it is what it is. I too think Houston is one of the most likely destinations for him (I also think the Pats are a real possibility).

I have been kind of surprised he hasn't complained yet considering he's only had two 10-plus carry games all season. But he and CJ really do seem to be great friends so he likely realizes how special CJ is and is happy for him. Maybe he's content to just keep his head down, say all the right things and look forward to signing elsewhere in the offseason. What would he really gain from complaining at this point anyway? CJ is blowing up so there's no way he's going to get anymore carries than he currently is no matter how loudly he moans and groans. And then he risks looking like a me-first whiner rather than a team player to all the other teams out there that might be interested in him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

If he's going to complain, it'll be the next time we lose...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Has he started drinking again?

6. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

I think he's gone too and it would only hurt him to start complaining, let's see if he can bite his tongue for the rest of the season. He doesn't seem to have the power he had before he dropped the weight, look at that one play when it was 3rd and inches, he would blow through that almost every time in the past and he got stuffed.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

CJ II = Anthony Aldridge. I think he would be a great third string replacement if CJ gets hurt. On the Skins, but not being used. If Lendale leaves, this is the guy I want. The Redskins could have used him this week, but they kept him on the bench, and it's a waste cause they could use some lightning in a bottle.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

im sure they would love to play White more, but why settle for 1-2 yards when CJ could break off a 80 yard TD?

As long as CJ is healthy White wont see much playing time. I think Fisher would love to see White go to another team where he could start. But it's not going to be here. CJ is just the better Back. I'm sure when White leaves Fisher will have his back.

9. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I don't think he will complain now, because he can clearly see that Chris Johnson is a big time playmaker and we need big time plays. It does suck for him being that it is his contract year and he is losing money by Chris Johnson taking the majority of the snaps, but that's the NFL for you...

10. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Fish tried to get him semi-active on Sunday but he'd get to the line and be pushed back for no gain...CJ hits the holes too fast and has really matured as an NFL back.

I can tell you that if the Texans had him right now, he'd be starting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar