How long does CJ hold out for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

If the Titans were offered two 1st round draft picks and a 2nd I would do that trade in a second.

What I would do is sign a RB for a temporary fix. Someone like Addai, Michael Bush, Kevin Smith, Hightower, or even Brian Westbrook. Just something cheap and let all of our RB's compete for time. If we could get a RB in the trade too that would be nice.

With the two first round picks we go with a safety and another RB.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lol @ people saying "i'd deal him for 2 firsts AND another high pick"...

well of course you would. I bet you'd also accept 10 million dollars for selling your Dodge Durango. It'll also never happen.

No one would offer that for CJ.

Or any other.

I'd trade him for 2 firsts (still wont happen). Or a 1st and a 2nd. No question.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wrong. The Falcons just gave away their 2011 1st, 2nd and 4th as well as their 2012 1st and 4th for an unproven rookie WR. So it's certainly not unrealistic to expect 3 high picks for CJ, a proven 2000 yard rusher. I bet there are a handful of teams that would be willing to make that trade.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If that Julio duds or has injury issues that's gonna look like the stupidest move since Ricky Williams for an entire draft...
    Could someone give up a couple firsts plus, yeah. Not very likely though.
    CJ isn't going anywhere anyway.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

You're most likely right. I'm just saying it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

And yes, if Julio is anything less than a superstar they are going to look very, very stupid. They already look that way if you ask me.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I said no one would offer 2 firsts and another high pick for CJ...

you said "wrong" because some team offered another something that wasn't 2 first round picks and another high one... How about you find me an example of where some RB with 2 years left in his career's prime was traded for 2 first round picks and a 2nd....

Never happens. Won't happen. CJ probably has a max life of 2 seasons left. And declining last season sure didnt help his case.

7. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

LaMarr Woodley gets 61 million.

GM Mike Reinfeldt to Chris Johnson: Come in and we'll talk.

Is there any wonder why the Steelers are the class of the NFL and the Titans are a joke?

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Huh? You said...
    I took that to mean exactly what it says. No one would offer that for CJ or any other. So I gave you an example of a team giving up two 1sts, a 2nd, and two 4ths for a WR who has never even played a down in the NFL.

But I gather from your last post that what you meant to say was no team would give that much for CJ or any other RB. Not just any player in general. Miscommunication.

I can't give you the example you are asking for. Still, that's not proof positive that you are right and I am wrong. My whole point is that if a team will give up two 1sts, a 2nd and two 4ths for an unproven rookie WR then it's not unfathomable that a team would give up something similar for a 25 year old 2,000 yard rusher.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Not only was Ditka dumb enough to make that trade, Cincy passed on it and drafted Akili Smith.

Akili Smith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar