How long does CJ hold out for?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by moose4now, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I think most everyone here expects, that eventually, the Titans and CJ will kiss and make up, and reach a deal on a new contract for CJ. But, I think the more important question (for the 2011 Titans) is how long will he be out? And when will he be back with the team?

I think a deal is reached just prior to the end of the pre-season. And, CJ will be in the starting line-up in Jax for the Opener.

And, if he is, we'll go 9-7. :thumb:

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

C.J. will be in camp no later than August 8th. Mark it down!

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

$30k a day makes holding out suPK real bad.

If he cared about the team he would report and let his agent work on yet another deal.

4. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

On one hand I could see this thing dragging out forever.....on the other hand....you have a first year coach coming in.....do you really not give him the opportunity to have his BEST player?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJ needs to keep in mind that the Titans control him for 3 more seasons before he can become a UFA

And he can't hold out till Thanksgiving and get credit for a season any longer. He'll wise up and show up and his agent will work out a deal

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Which makes me think that this may be just one of those "extended off-season" holdouts, just to avoid TC.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK the time he'll report, but I do believe C.J. will be ready week-1 of the regular season.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

August 7th. Anything past August 8th and he doesn't gain an accrued year in the league towards free agency, unlike in the last CBA when players could holdout until week 10 of the season.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep. And he is hopefully smart enough to realize how huge that is.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How much longer of an off-season does the guy need? You can't blame the Titans though, it's one of the most heptic off seasons in recent NFL history and doesn't help that a player who will only be good for 5 more years max wants a ton of money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar