How long do we wait for Givens..............

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

How long you guys think the Titans should wait for David Givens? If this year turns out to be a injury plagued year which it looks like its gonna be that way. Bottom line how long do we wait?? 1 year 2 years????

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Just like all the rest of our players, until he's due a bonus.:greedy:

3. Sledge

Sledge Guest

I say cut his ***** after this coming year, unless he shows something. Unless cutting his ***** means a major cap hit, I'd let him go...

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

after the 2008 season. you need to let the guy actually recover from the surgery. he wont be full-speed until late in the 2007 year, if at all that season.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Givens won't show us much in 07 due to injuries, so let's what untill after 08, unless he gets injuried again. He that happens, show him the door. 3 straight years of injuries is 2 too many.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

573 days, no more, no less.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1 year obviously...

It is standard to give a player a year to recover from a major injury. He might be on IR all of 2007 but if he works hard and shows progress they will give him a shot at being on the roster in 08. Sooner if he is able but i don't see them dumping him unless they already know his career is done.

Of course the cowboys gave up on a young injury prone WR named jimmy smith and look what happened.

8. thats quite some time right there

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's an exact science. :))

10. if i learn it will it help me in chemistry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar