How likely is this?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Keeferdog, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

1. Klug himself says he has a terribly difficult time putting on and maintaining weight.
    2. Jones played DT in a system where quickness was preferred to size. In this new system they want bigger linemen that can anchor against the run better.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I would go as far as saying that this is probably the most likely outcome of the draft for the Titans.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

So he works hard and stays 275, fine. JJ can't put on weight either. I still don't see JJ as the better player do you?

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Klug wasn't fantastic in run support, either...but he and McCarthy are going to both have HUGE years next year (my prediction).

5. Fry

Better player for what? They're both too small to play DT full-time in this system, did you just skip over that part? That was the whole reason Jones got switched to end and Klug played mostly on passing downs.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Frankly, if we don't go DT/DE in the first two rounds, I'll be disappointed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

It's very likely and even probable that we go DL in the first 2 rounds. I would love to get Dontari Poe in the 1st but I doubt he's there. My big thing is reaching on a DL because it's a need and passing on a stud WR or DB.

8. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

I dont want to draft Derrick Morgan again. If we were to draft a DE I tihnk it should be round 2 or later. We have enough average DLmen. Id like to see DeCastro drop.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think DE/DT in the first two is very likely. That was where we are very weak. I'm hoping Brockers, Still, or Poe is there at 20. If not I'm guessing we go Perry or Curry. No way in heck I take Mercilus at 20.

I bet we only take maybe one interior o-lineman in the draft. Probably in the 4th or later. I bet we fill that need in FA. That's been their M.O. Mawae and Scott were signed in FA, look for them to do something similar there.

10. Fry

Good news! He won't be in this draft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar