How important is shutting down Gronk...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Since 2014 the Patriots have lost 13 games....in those 13 games Gronk never had over 100yds receiving....in those 13 games Gronk scored a total of 3 TDs (2 in 2014 and 1 in 2015)...so in the Pats last 5 losses combining 2016 and 2017 Gronk has not had a TD.

Taking away Brady's security blanket has to be job #1...if you don't stop Gronk you don't win the game at least that is what history tells us.

Now shutting down Gronk does not guarantee you a win either, but no team has beaten the Pats in 4 years if they didn't shut him down.

No free releases from the LOS....Orakpo and Morgan's number one job should be to beat the crap out of Gronk off the LOS....It is just as important to disrupt Gronk as it is to get pressure on Brady. When Gronk lines up in the slot or out wide we have to have Brown and Byard ready to double him.

TitanUP!!!

• High Five High Five x 5
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Pretty dang important.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. bupac

bupac Starter

Most important. Yet, we won't be able to cover him.

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I would put him as the #1 priority and then the RB's. Cooks is their feast or famine player that they chuck it long to in hope of something happening. Just don't let him behind you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Depends on which group shows up. Some games we couldn’t cover a peanut with a blanket and other games we shut teams down pretty well. Hope the good group shows up big time and we sack Brady 8 times.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

We do not stand a chance if we do not shut him down

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. Mberglo

Mberglo Starter

Orakpo and Morgan won't be covering Gronk. That's a linebacker's job. You failed to mention how many times Gronk had 100 yards receiving and how that correlates to a win.

In every one of the Titans losses, Mariota failed to kick a field goal. So what.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I just assume we will do what we always do and let the white guy run unopposed on seam routes all day.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

...Release the Cyprien...load his helmet like a cheating boxers gloves

• High Five High Five x 8
  10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Did I say that Morgan and Orakpo would be covering him....no I said Byard and Brown should be our cover guys on him....I said that if he lines up tight that Morgan and Orakpo should focus more on disrupting Gronk than trying to get to Brady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar