How Hot is The Coaching Seat Jeff Fisher is Sitting On?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CKTitan, Oct 4, 2009.

?
  1. Cold

21 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Medium

30 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Hot

29 vote(s)
    25.2%
  4. Get the Fire Extinguisher

35 vote(s)
    30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Excellent. I love Keith, but if he forced a fumble or came down with a pick it would do more for this "attitude adjustment" than another post-game pity party. Man up, guys. Season's over. Your window has closed. You've got 12 games of pride left. Make them count for something.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Watching the post game interviews, it looks like the wheels have come off this team's bus.

Hall and Gage saying it's hard for the offense to climb out of a deep hole every week, more or less blaming the defense.
    Bulluck saying they have to play the defense that "the coordinator calls", more or less blaming Cecil and the coach's.
    Fisher looking like a man with no clue, or care, for what happened.

The players never showed up to play, that's all on Fisher.

The growing pains for Cecil will be worse than they were for Schwartz's first years as Coordinator.
    Fisher won't change a failing special teams coach.

For the most part, Fisher hires inept assistants. I'm tired of always wanting a change in assistants.
    Fisher is a decent coach, but not good enough to deserve such a long tenure. Next year would be a good time to go a different direction in coaching philosophy. After a decade and a half of Fisher, I've think we've been to the highest point he's capable of taking us, but I'm not sure we've been to the lowest yet.

This is not a post salary cap purge rebuilding year. This is a team with talent but with no direction. The head coach is suppose to provide that. He hasn't...

• High Five High Five x 9
  3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Fisher is the Danica Patrick of NFL coaches; well above average, but not at consistently championship level.

4. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If that's the case, then Fisher better ignore the media altogether until Vince is under center because they will grill and hound him with VY questions until he does. Either that or risk his fiery side, only to become the latest highlight clip for the Coors light commercials. LOL

5. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Plenty of blame to go around. Starts at the top with Jeff. The assistants get a good chunk of what's left. Then the veterans in the locker room.

The rookies are some of the only ones acting like pros right now. Maybe the equipment guys, and a talented bench-warming workhouse who shall remain nameless. Everyone else needs to get a shovel and start digging.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Too true. Fisher is the guy that we all know that employs his unqualified friends- then can't seem to let them go no matter how bad they are at their job. He'd rather suffer the losses than suffer losing his buddies on the sidelines.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I feel that most coaches would be on the hot seat right now, but Fisher probably isn't. Not even close...

8. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

Unfortunately, I feel that this is how cool his seat is:
    [​IMG]

9. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

Poor comparison, Danica is very overrated and has only won 1 Indy Series race that was overseas and insignificant. Fish has a very credible track record as head coach and IMHO he is the sole reason that the Oilers/Titans franchise is no longer the joke of the NFL.

10. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

You've hit the nail right on the head with a 10 pound hammer. If I were still a season ticket holder I would be even more pissed off. But because of the changes in my job and the economy, I had to sell my PSL's till I get through these tuff times.

Our team(skill-wise) is beyond ready for a championship, and before this season, I thought the coaching was one of the best out there. IMO the reason our success has not progressed into this season is because we haven't made the slightest attempt to improve on what we had.

We walked into this season thinking things would just automatically work. We had our pre-season stutters and hell, just brushed them of thinking "hey, we'll come around, we're a few plays away from winning, their just rusty, it's more about the position battles and so on etc..." Then we came in and played a so called "Superbowl Team"(Steelers), and were a few plays away from winning that one, and what'd we do? Brush it off thinking, "we'll get it next week." Then following that we go home, have and outstanding day on offense, but then the Texans shred us like chedder cheese... Again, we brush some of that one off and notice a few crumbs here and there, but "hey, we'll make some adjustments." Versus the Jets we fail to play a complete game and allow them to just take the win, and say "hey, two fumbles... you just can't win with two turnovers like that."
    I see why everyone thinks Fisher is stubbord... But, the reality of it all is that he isn't capable of changing his style... It's always going to be a "Business as usual" approach from him, we have to face it, eat the crow, drink the worm, smell the stinch and deal with it while supporting our team!

The bottom line is that, me... you... or any Titans fan out there.. seriously just can't fathom/believe that this team/coach right now, aren't showing the slightest sense of urgency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar