How good is McCourty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Another factor that the coaches won't be able to see until the preseason games is how good these guys are in supporting the run.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

And that's a huge factor for us.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

McCourty is about as good as Mouton... whom is about as good as an injured Tye Hill, whom is about as good as Nick Harper...

I pray that Finny learned how to play on the left side... we'll get eaten up there. Again.

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Let's not forget that last year Mccourty and Mouton were so bad that we couldn't wait for Harper to return from injury

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

They were also rookies playing against Tom Brady and the Patriots in the snow.

CB is one of those spots its tough to come in and play as a rookie.

6. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

For our d it all depends on our pass rush. With a good pass rush well have at least 2 pro bowlers in our secondary. Without, well finny will get burned too.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My expectation isn't to just have a better CB than Harper was last year i want a guy who is better than Hood. I want a guy is is actually good. We have made a commitment towards a boatload of 3-5 rd Cbs in the last 10 years and so few have even been helpful.

Echols-Beckham-Gardner-waddell to add to Pacman and Woolfolk. Now we have 3 more draft picks in 2 years with Mouton-Mccouty-Verner. Damn somebody better step up and be good!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It wasn't just Harper out it was Finny and Fuller also. Those guys didn't have a chance and while it was an opportunity to prove they can play in this league i'm going to give them a pass and chalk it up to experience.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Too many issues last year defensively. You can point the finger in any direction, it was just that bad. No Haynesworth, new coordinator, tons of injuries, lack of experience, Kerry Collins at QB. The defense was in a real bad spot last year. Not being able to convert on 3rd&shorts had our defense sucking wind early. Notice once the offense stayed out longer, the defense improved. I'm always willing to give a rookie a second chance, but not a third. If Mouton & McCourty can't beat out some newbies, well "good-bye losers"!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I really like Mcourty I think he is solid and thats what we need.
    As long as Finny gets the number #1 WR he or whoever gets that CB spot is gonna be OK.

Also in the Pats game last year it was 2 rookies vs Tom Brady.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar