How good is McCourty?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CJtheBeast, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

This is more of a question for those who have made it to training camp. Our #2 corner spot is a big issue this off-season. I'm wanting to know how good McCourty looks so far, how well he moves, etc.

I'm not too concerned about our dline. I think with a healthy Jason Jones our dline will be pretty damn good. I feel our linebackers will be ok once McGrath is back. If we can find a solid #2 cb I think our defense can be really, really good.

Pair it up with this year's offense and...well...

2. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

If he is a one full step faster than Harper was, he will save atleast 5-6 tds from ever happening this season

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

At this point, all I'm looking for in a #2 Corner is simply this: Better than Harper.

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Guys, we have a sleeper cornerback in the rookie Verner. All I keep hearing is how much of a ball hawk he is. Fisher hinted at it in his report yesterday that we are developing 2 starters for the spot opposite finny

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought I read that he got a pick the other day. It sounds like the guy can just play the game. He might've dropped so low just because some of the other guys ahead of him were combine warriors. It'll be interesting to see how things play out.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think this is going to be one of those positions where we see Fisher start McCourty in one preseason game then go with the other the next.

I've seen McCourty do some nice things. For example, yesterday he stuck his hand in and knocked out a reception. He also got a pick. He seems to be very quick in reacting. I've also seen him bite on a fake and get torched.

I'd say he's clearly the front-runner.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I can't get past his ESPN interview last week. Jason said he's better at it all than his brother who was recently drafted in the first round. I'm just left wondering why he himself didn't get snatched up earlier the draft before. Jason McCourty seems very very confident in everything he says. I'm hoping he has a breakout year.

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Anyone is better than Harper.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I was really hoping Tye Hill would come on the guy was a great college player. Anyone noticed him?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hill has been hurt so far. I haven't heard when he's expected back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar