How do you rank Vince against the rest of the league QB's?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Nov 11, 2009.

?
  1. Top 10

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Top half

30 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Lower half

33 vote(s)
    39.3%
  4. Bottom 10

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Okay, so exactly how many ENTIRE games have you watched to evaluate Henne, Smith, among some of the other qb's you say Vince is better than?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm well aware of how much you hate VY but do you honestly think Jake Delhomme is better than VY at this point?

Delhomme's 09 stats:
    61.7 passser rating 5 TD 13 INT

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I dunno Cruds... Akili Smith? Do you still think that?

I said lower half, but I think it's really close between 12-20. As said before, once Favre and Warner retire, that's two QBs that will be gone in the clearly better category.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I don't think Vince will suffer Akili's fate at this point, but I will say that neither would have Akili had he played on a team with this O-line and Chris Johnson.
    Vince on the late 90's Bengals? Pure washout...

Again, I think the irony here is last year's Vince defenders being all high-on-the-hog about him playing perfect Kerry-ball for two games. Same game, different face.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

they suck at evaluating players

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens and Darnay Scott is a pretty good supporting cast.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

ENTIRE games?

Henne: 2 (1 good game, 1 bad game)
    Smith: 1 (3 picks)
    Bulger: 2 (Terrible all the time)
    Russel: 2-3 (Extremely terrible all the time)
    Garrard: 3 (Two complete goose eggs, one good game against bad titans secondary)
    Orton: 2+ (Game 1 where they won by fluke and last night, I still don't know how the broncos are 6-2)
    Cutler: 3 (2 complete failure games, 1 good game)

I also saw Garrard live in Seattle where their whole offense played like KC and the Titans offense in New England. That was an awesome performance of suck.

Thats 7 QBs that I've seen play pretty much as much as I've seen VY this year. Then there's the young guys that have been inconsistent (other than Freeman, who's played one game), Stafford, Sanchez and Freeman who I think Vince is better than at this point. Thats 10.

That leaves what,

Cassel? His team is what, 1-7?
    Edwards, worst pass offense in the league? Probably up there.
    Flacco, I'll give you this one, he's potentially better.
    Campbell, leader of a terrible offense.
    Delhomme, can you throw more picks than this guy?
    Anderson, benched for the second time.

I clearly stated that the list is QBs that I'd rather have on my team, not QBs that are strictly better/worse.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

As a long time Bengals fan I cringe at the mention of those names.. Decent players with real s*itty attitudes (sans Scott). Remember the "Pickens Clause"?
    0-6 was pretty much the norm on that team....

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

ahh yes... we'll see..

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Amazing what a good defense can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar