How Do You Explain It?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aqutis30, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Every argument has been used whether it be Fishers record, players quitting, or internal feuding. I can't help but sit here and try to imagine what it is like today to be Jeff Fisher sitting in my office looking at how we was 5-2, when we had high acollades about the no name defense that was getting sacks and inerceptions, a team that was well ranked in other various areas of football, has fallen into the depths of mediocrity and failure in just 6 games now that they are 5-8. The part I really can't imagine is how he comes up with the excuses he does.

I pose a question to you: If you was in Jeff Fishers shoes today and you sat down to an interview, what is YOUR excuse for the 6 game slide?

Edit: Guys, do just like Sawdustman did it, be creative, imagine you was Jeff Fisher, what would you say to the camera?

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

"I f'ing suck"

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

#1 reason, offensive and defensive lines sucking.

4. dudeman

dudeman Camp Fodder

If I were him, I would blame it all on Vince....

Though I do not agree with it.

Certainly VY does not play defense. Even when the team was winning, the defense had some bad games, like the Chargers and the Broncos....

The problem is and always has been coaching....

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree 100%, and this is really the largest part of the problem IMO. Its amazing how bad a team can look if they stop blocking and tackling. That being said, ultimately this issue leads back to coaching.

Putting my "political hat" on, though....I do not think that he can really blame this on Vince, because to do so leads to the conclusion that he has lost the team.

So I guess it would be pretty hard to dance around this....two 6 game losing streaks in as many seasons is really not a "spinnable" statistic.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This would be me if I was Jeff Fisher

[​IMG]

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can someone answer me this; in both these 6 game losing streaks, who wasn't allowed to see the field because of Fisher?

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

If I was Fisher, my answer would go something like this. "The reason for this 6-game slide is totally Vince Young's fault. He undermined my authority and now this team doesn't respect me. They have quit on me and as a result I win be canned come January. It's been a great run but I knew deep down inside that I couldn't keep this charade going forever".

"I will now go back to my office with Donnie Nickey and Kerry Collins and hug and cry it out."

[​IMG]

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I wouldn't answer any questions. I'd just sit and cry.

10. globelieves

globelieves Starter

This is what happens when someone is (or has been) so secure w/ their job safety that they don't have to be accountable to anyone/anything but their own mind.

So my answer...I wouldn't give an answer...I would talk in circles and spin your question so that I could say, KC is doing good...getting better. CJ's starting to run. Moss is doing everything we expect of him. We're seeing effort on both sides of the ball. We've had some chances we didn't take advantage of...but we have great leadership in the locker room and we'll turn this around....the season's not over yet. We have some good ball ahead of us...some chances to get out there and get a win.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar