How do we beat the Chargers next week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by rodgev, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Rivers is hot right now. His 115 QB rating is 4th in the league. Their OL has done a good job protecting him so far as well only giving up 3 sacks.

Their defense however is giving up the most passing yds per game and most points.

Has the makings of a shoot out. I would try and force them to run the ball.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

To beat the chargers we need to start Fitzpatrick. Period.

Actually we can win this one with Jake as long as we dont play fisherball which requires us to win the game in the end. B/c jake is the opposite of clutch.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

We really need to throw the ball effectively and I think we will. I see Jake having a Lions-esque game he had last season. I'm seriously considering starting him over Brady (Struggling Pats vs the stingy Bucs D). You probably think I'm crazy lol

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Against a terrible defense and an offense that has no interest in controlling the clock. The Eagles only held the ball 20 min.

5. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Smash rivers skull in and cover gates. Everything else should take care of itself.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Pressure rivers and lets throw the ball more! We are not being aggressive enough on offense Locker maybe better than folks think but he has to get the chance to throw on 1st and 2nd down. 3rd and Long is tough because everyone knows your throwing it. I want to see locker run more and I would like to see more of the read option game to get to the edge.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Their OL is still not the best. We should be able to get pressure on Rivers.

8. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I think we should really mess with them and punt on first down.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Thing we have going for us is the game is at home. I know if this game was out west, we would have a harder time. Chargers just had to travel all the way to Philly, then back west only to travel to Nashville. I believe after seeing how well we played on D against the Texans, the Titans D is better than the Eagles D. I believe the Texans were surprised by both the Chargers and Titans D, so if we can hold Rivers reasonable score, we have a chance.

I must say I am a lot more worried about our chances after seeing the Chargers play past two weeks

10. DJB

DJB Starter

Stop treating Locker with kid gloves. It's sink or swim time for him. Call plays like you have a good QB. If Jake makes the throws that's awesome. If not, lets find out ASAP if it's Fitz time. The team is too good to be tied down by trying to protect the QB from having to make difficult throws.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar