How do the talking heads rank a Manning-led Titan team?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I really think you need to consider how badly our defense was hurt by EXCESSIVE 3 and out by our offense. I believe we led the NFL in them did we not?

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I completely agree with what you are saying.

And I started off in the Anti-Manning camp. Read the "Do you want manning thread" if you don't believe me.

And if someone can point to a way we could have fixed our defense in FA instead of signing manning, well then hell, I'm with you, we shoulda done it.

But there wasn't. We were not going to pay Mario that money.

This is the best move we can make to improve our team.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

And thats all we would have done...because we wouldnt have lasted past the first round with that D. Seems like your an offensive guy...I most certainly respect your opinion. But unfortunately I cant share your optimism at this point..because I think our defense was pretty bad. And so far we've done nothing to make it better. Hopefully that changes

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

And for the umpteenth time on this board, WHAT pray tell, should we have done to make it better?

Cripple our cap for years to overpay people like Mario, Finny, etc? So about the time Locker is good to go, we have to shed cap?

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I would at least think they'd be smart enough to give us a top 10 nod.

6. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Calm down..calm down. Its not that serious. ALL I said is that SO FAR we've done nothing to improve that...there was no implication there. So please dont look for one. In NONE of my posts have I been an advocate for finny or Mario. I'm simply stating a fact...to this point we've haven't done anything. Same as if I said to this point we havnet signed anyone...would that not be true? I hear Abraham is a possibility..and of course theres the draft (although im not high on anyone this year) you never know..could land an ace.

If your confident in what we currently have on defense..cool. I'm not.

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Houston's Defense is LEGIT! They played very very well last year, especially considering it was their first year in a 3-4 without an offseason! They could be SCARY under Wade Phillips this year.

But Peyton has shown, that he can mask a lot of teams deficiencies because he is so good and can control the ball. Just think about how bad the Colts Defense's were for so long while he was there, he still managed to get 12-14 wins CONSISTENTLY. Interesting

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Cruds,

In response to the thread title, I'll have to respond with this: SAME AS IT EVER WAS...

[ame]http://youtu.be/I1wg1DNHbNU[/ame]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar