how different do u think things would have been if...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I've got news for you...the NFL isn't like the MLB and NBA where superstars just get traded almost daily. These Randy Moss/Jay Cutler deals don't happen to often, so name me a team that has had success and is always wheeling and dealing.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Your right as far as to say the teams that don't play the risk vs reward game are the perennial contenders. But that's only because there isn't much risk when selecting 28th-32nd. Those teams you listed haven't had top 10 picks in quit some time. So even if those later picks are busts, it goes unnoticed. Labeling a guy that's picked later who doesn't have a significant role as early as a top 10 pick would, are given more time to develop before being labeled busts. For example if VY does bad three years into it, somehow he is a bust. But if the Buffalo Bills DT - John McCargo only makes 2 sacks in 3 years he isn't a bust, even though he may be. Because no one has been watching him.

I think VY at the time was the correct decision for the Titans to grab. I really don't think any other QB F/A or drafted QB could have been as successful as VY was that first year. But now that he has to be a QB, and not a play maker, he seems to be in over his head.

3. moose4now

moose4now Starter

There was nothing wrong with Pacman's talents as a football player.

But, be honest. How many of you groaned when he was picked at number six in that draft (knowing his history, et al) when there were so many other highly rated players on the board at that time. Including corners.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

woah woah, how does where he was pick and what we thought of him affect weather or not he was a good player or not?

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Pacman's 2nd season was one of the best displays of corner back you will EVER see in the NFL. I believe he had 1 TD thrown against him. He was shutdown in every sense of the word.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea, no question Pacman was a tough corner to let go, but being a dumb person is why he's out of work. If he didn't have those character issues, our secondary would be the best in the league right now, but we'd probably be without Griffin. I hate how he cost us a pick. To me, you build championship teams through the draft, and to loose a guy of his caliber almost set us back a bit. But 'we are the Titans, mighty mighty Titans', so were good without him. LOL don't make fun of my singing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar