how different do u think things would have been if...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sabomnim, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

the titans kept volek as start?
    i personally loved him while we had him and was hoping he started for VY's first 2 years...he had some great games as backup, especially with drew bennett
    idk i was just reminiscing about the past and it had me thinking..

2. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Volek is still holding a clipboard and Drew "sir drops alot" Bennett is out of the league. I dont miss either one of them. Volek put up bigtime stats in games we were getting killed in.

3. Sabomnim

Sabomnim Starter

i mean hes behind rivers....most QBs in the league would sit on the bench behind him..

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I talked about this a couple of months ago... I think that if Volek had remained a starter in the league, he would have done pretty well and would still be productive.

I will say this once again... if the Chargers did not have Volek as a backup, they would not have defeated the Colts/made it to the AFC Championship against the Patriots a couple of seasons ago. When Rivers went down things looked really bad for them. Volek saved the day.

I got laughed at for saying the Lions could have gone after Volek, which would effectively save millions and millions of dollars on a probable bust in Stafford. Not to mention the fact that they'd be able to use that money on other free agents and focus their draft on building an offensive and defensive line.

Volek made a horrible decision when he went to the Chargers. Yea he got great backup money, but that's all he is... a backup. He could have started somewhere.

I'm glad that we have Kerry, but honestly, Volek could have gotten much better and could very well be our starter today. He figured that once we drafted Vince that his career was over... big mistake.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I heart Billy Volek

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

:sad2:

My buddy and me had a little jam session and taped it...
    We dedicated this one to #7.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxsVLb7UQg8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NxsVLb7UQg8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

When I think of what ifs and the Titans outside of the SB loss I think about if we had made different draft choices with Pacman and Vince. Imagine Merriman and Cutler? Or Rodgers and Santonio Holmes?

8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

the pacman pick was a good pick. The titans were right in assessing his big time playmaking abilities and coverage abilities. If i could sign someone that could ball like pacman, but they told me that there was a slight chance he may get kicked out of the league. i would easily accept. risk v reward.... something we know nothing of, which is why we have 0 SB trophys

VY was a bad pick cuz he sucks.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Dude, packman sucked. The only time he was worth a damn is returning or if he caught a pick, his coverage abilities weren't that damn impressive. And we took the risk, how'd that work for us? He's a moronic thug who can't keep his excrement together to save himself millions of dollars a year. And he cost us a 1st round pick. You're saying you'd do all that again? Ridiculous. We know too much about risk V reward, we keep taking risks and getting no rewards. Ur entire post here is back a$swards.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pacman was considered by some the best corner outside of Denver in his second year. The guy was top flight, just an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar