How could making a deal for Alex Brown???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wg53

wg53 Starter

No, I'm not on crack. And I don't drink the kool aid nearly as much as others.
    I'm not some blind homer that thinks every player we have is a future HoF.

1. You need to learn a few things about football. Running straight upfield, as a DE, on a pass play opens up huge holes to run through. It is very simple.

2. He was a liability.
    3. Our only positive?

KVB ran straight upfield on running plays opening up a huge hole for the RBs to run through and completely taking himself out of the play. This let the opposing RBs gain significant yardage on 1st and 2nd down.

The emergence of Tony Brown last year was a pretty positive thing. Sure he wasn't a world beater by any means, but for him to be a FA and for us to sign him to such a modest contract...we got a steal.

See above.

Sure, he did well rushing the passer. That means nothing in the running game.

He was a major liability in the running game last year.

He's still overrated anyway. He had 3 games his first year with us where he had good games against the worst OLs in the league. Those 3 games he padded his stats. The rest of the games he wasn't nearly as effective.

I'm not saying he isn't a good pass rusher because he is. But 3 games against the worst OLs does not a career make. He is not a pro bowler.

2. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I would make that trade in a heartbeat.

3. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

When he was in the Pro Bowl how many sacks did he have against other Pro Bowl linemen?

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

He was there because others were hurt.

Who cares how many sacks he had in a pro bowl.

The schemes in the pro bowl are very vanilla and Pace, etc had a long layoff.

It isn't like they were in peak football shape.

I'll wait till he earns the berth without being an alternate. And when he isn't getting 8 or 9 sacks in 3 games against the worst OLs.

Stats in the pro bowl mean jack ****.

5. Valis

Valis Guest

Can you say, "constant double teams" ?

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Most all Ends take an outside speed rush to get to the QB. KVB doesn't freelance that. It's the LB's job to fill. You can't play run and pass rush at the same time.

7. To say KVB is a liability and overrated is just pure stupidity.I'm not going to break down his number compared to other DE to validate my point but if i have to i most certainly will.The guy's strength is to rush from the outside not from the inside.More then half his success comes from the outside using his speed and quickness.You could say every DE in the nfl is vunerable against the run.Taylor,Burgess,Freeney,Schobel, Peppers etc..are all outside pass rushers with great speed and aren't spectacular against the run but their all hold their ground.The guy is a solid DE that can rush the QB when he has to and play the run if he needs to.So he blew by the play a few times it happens,and most if not all DE's do it or have done it.Its not his fault either by the way that hes played OL that were below average.He doesn't make the schedule out,nor does he have control over that.He takes advantage of oppertunity when it comes.If he can get some help on the other side maybe he won't have to rush from the outside to beat double teams you ever think about that?

8. wg53

wg53 Starter

Uh yeah...you can. They aren't mutually exclusive. It's simple. You stick to your reads.

9. wg53

wg53 Starter

God I am so tired of football ignorance.

Watch the damn tape.

He would run upfield on rushing downs to try to sack the qb. This leaves a huge hole for a RB to run through.

He got quite a bit of tackles last year but that was usually away from the play and more than 5 yards downfield. Doesn't matter if you get a lot of tackles if they keep getting first downs.

The whole double teamed argument is overplayed. He isn't so great that he gets double teamed like you people try to argue. Sure he got double teamed some. But not on every play...no where near every play. He ran straight upfield taking himself out of the play more than he was ever double teamed.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm tired of football ignorance as well. Stop posting this non-sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar