How could making a deal for Alex Brown???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansCountry25

TitansCountry25 Veteran

How could making a deal for Alex Brown de of the Chicago Bears be a bad thing? He would only improve what looks to be a pretty solid pash rush unit. You put KVB, Antwan Odom, Travis Laboy, and Alex Brown that would be a nice little DE unit. Anyone know what the Bears are asking for in return? I have heard a 2nd or 3rd round. If they would trade him for a 3rd round pick I think that would be a steal.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

I've heard even a 4th which would be a great deal for us.

Laboy hasn't impressed and the new guy from Europa we don't know what to expect so adding Brown for a meager 4th rounder is a steal.

KVB is very good no doubt and Odom seems to have turned the light on then add Brown and Laboy or the new guy thats solid.

Odom or Brown take the spot opposite KVB and then the backup will rotate with the two starters to keep them fresh.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Here's Alex Brown's stats from 2006 Chicago Bears

G GS Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg
    16 16 40 31 6 7.0 -- 2 2 22 11.0

I would be fine with that

Compared to Jason Taylor 2006 Miami Dolphins

16 16 40 36 20 13.5 0 8 2 71 35.5

And Vanden Bosch 2006 Tennessee Titans

16 16 54 39 21 6.5 -- 0 -- -- 0.0

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Does anyone know what the final word on Simeon Rice is? Is he even coming back? Something must be wrong with him.

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

vanden bosch is a stud....

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

He wasn't last year. He was a liability.

He ran straight up the field on nearly every play last year leaving wide gaps for the opposing RBS to run through. If he doesn't do that this year our run D will be a lot better.

7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

are you on crack??? vanden bosch wasnt at all a problem to our d-line last year, he was our only positive..

8. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

He wasn't a liability. :rolleyes:

2nd in the nfl in pressures
    non stop motor
    give me a break:suspect:

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar