How can the league shorten NFL games?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Nov 18, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

38.5%
  2. No

35.9%
  3. 3.5 hours is good for me

25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

i dont think Goodell cares about the fans at the games, hes been all about getting into your living room since he took over...

but you do make a good point about halftime for fans at the games, its barely enough time to use the restroom and get a burger

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Personally I think the halftime of the pro games need to be lengthened because as a fan it is hard to go pee and then get a beer and back to your seats before it is over.

What I would do is take the commercials that are shown during the scoring sequence and move them into the halftime area. Thus you have a more continuous action watching experience and also have time to chill at halftime and the NFL doesn't lose any commercial revenue dollars.

Going to the booth for review is what has got to change...the time is ridiculous, but more importantly if you let an official who is not involved with the game make the call then you are getting a more unbiased ruling. The official reviewer should not know anything about the score or time left in the game when reviewing a play. He should just have this single play in isolation to make a call on. The way it is now you know that bias can more easily be put into play.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

They would lose ad revenue that way if they were to lengthen the halftime with commercials, because well frankly, we will be doing what we need to do before the 2nd half starts, therefore we won't be watching the commercials.

4. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

The trouble (and I hate to use that word, because the reviews are getting it right) is that once a call is overturned, now they have to literally go back in time to get things right. They have to spot the ball exactly right, and then get the time on the clock correct. Also, this is unfair in some ways. When a team has a play that does not go out of bounds and it is reviewed, the clock stops, which normally would not happen. So one team gains time they would not normally get. The clock doesn't start until the ball is snapped. This happened to us in the Jags game when MM threw the ball to DH and they called it a FL. DH was tackled, but the clock got stopped and never started again. Sadly, most of these reviews actually overturn the refs on the field.

5. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

What about the women? Takes them even longer to pee. I guess you guys get a beer for them. Hopefully they have a date, friend or hubby.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

feel bad for the ladies at games, lines easily 5x longer than the mens

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The TV timeouts are what makes the games longer than they need to be. I mean a team scores a TD - COMMERCIAL - Come back for the kickoff - COMMERCIAL. They could charge more for the ads and have less of them and make the same amount of money if they were serious about cutting down on the length of the games. It would also make for a better product IMO.

8. Tewa Titan

Tewa Titan Starter

Don't stop the clock at all, only do it under 2 minutes before half and the 4th quarter. Also stop it after change of possessions via TD, FG, or turnover.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

That's because they go in two's

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

Less of these ****ing commercials.....with happy feet

peyton.jpg

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar