How 'Bout Them Buckeyes?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BigRed3, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Didn't happen, of course.
    West Virgina deserves to be in the title game now, against the Big 12 winner.
    You really don't want Ohio State embarrassed two years in a row, do you?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

WV deserves it no more or no less than any other one-loss div-1 team. I keep hearing the same ol' anti Big Ten rhetoric but let's just wait what happens in the bowl games.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think conference bowl records are extremely over rated. Its a different situation to be a successful team when playing big games every week, than it is to play a weak schedule, get a month off, and pull off a win. I dont think conference bowl records are indicative of how good the conferences really are.

But regardless, this season is a joke. The fact that Kansas is ranked #2 this late in the season is ridiculous. After watching this game tonite, there is no way I consider them even a top 15 team, much less one of the top 5 teams in the country.

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I actually think that the Buckeyes will make it back to the National Championship Game. It looks like Missouri will jump into the top two in the BCS, but they also have to play Oklahoma for the Big 12 Championship, which i'll think they'll lose. So, i'm saying WVU-OSU for the chip.

5. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I think you could be right, though Oklahoma hasnt been playing real well lately, so it wont surprise me if Mizzou beats them. Regardless, this is going to be the lowest rated championship game in years.

6. Hoffa

That we will, and I can't wait. But if Ohio State gets to the Championship game you will see the same thing happen to them that happened last year, they get exposed and embarrassed for what they really are...overrated in a has-been conference.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Blather on, my friend, blather on..
    Let's see, they've lost 2 games in the past 2 years. Probably should shut down the program..

8. Hoffa

That's not hard to do when you schedule such teams as Akron, Kent St, Youngstown at home. That would be like UT playing Carson-Newman, East Tennessee, and Cumberland at home. Like Spurrier said, if Vandy had scheduled teams like Ohio State did then they would have been in the BCS hunt this year.:ha:

BTW, they've lost more than 2 games in the past 2 years...

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah, I don't think so...
    2006 12-1 (loss to UF)
    2007 11-1 (loss to Illinois)
    The last loss prior to UF was against Penn St. 9/23/2005

Obviously Spurrier should take care of his own house before running his flapper abroad - reeling those big out-of-conference names like LA Lafayette and SC State. Same for Vandy, games outside their conference: Richmond, E Michigan and Wake (who they couldn't even beat).

10. Hoffa

Everybody schedules some patsies, but Ohio State has scheduled nothing but patsies. I'll give Michigan credit for scheduling Oregon, but who is the toughest team Ohio State has scheduled out-of-conference the past 2 years.
    I'll give you the list, you pick who it was;

Youngstown State
    Kent State
    Akron
    Washington 4-8

Northern Illinois
    Cincinnati
    Bowling Green
    Texas

I would guess Texas last year. One decent team in 8 slots. It would of been hard not to win a lot of games the past 2 years.
    But it's how you play in a championship game against a team you don't get to pick that tells how good you are, and we saw how good Ohio State was last year when they were 41-14 losers to the SEC Champion. There's no reason to believe they won't be exposed again this year...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar