How bout that drought?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Thanks guys. We bought this house last October with a home warranty. The unit got worse yesterday. So hopefully we can get it replaced for a minimum fee as opposed to $3000.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Most of Australia has also been in serious drought for some time. The city I come from (Brisbane) has had serious water restrictions in place for about two years now because our dams are at about 20% capacity and falling.

Here are some of the water restrictions currrently in place:

No watering of lawns allowed at all
    Watering of gardens only allowed between 4 and 7 pm (3 days a week) with a hand held bucket (no sprinklers of hoses permitted)
    Town water can only be used to top up swimming pools if the resident has a swimming pool cover, water-efficient shower heads, water-efficient washing machine and dual-flush toilets.
    Water can only be used to wash vehicles:
    (a) directly from a bucket - no hoses allowed; and
    (b) only to wash windscreens, mirrors and spot clean marks that are potentially paint damaging

These are considered level 5 restrictions, and there is talk that we will move to level 6 by the end of the year if the situation doesn't improve.

3. I've considered just planting weeds in my yard from now on. The grass never survives well, even in previous summers (it's all dead now) while the weeds thrive no matter what I do.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

man, my whole neighborhood has had ac issues - including some recalls. If you don't mind me asking are you in a development? what part of Franklin?
    I'm right behind Honda/Suzuki...

5. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Instead of mowing it, just pull it up and send it to Maui packaged as "Kula Greens" You'll make a fortune.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We're at 37% now, this is after a good amount of rain this winter. Hopefully it will continue and have a wet summer.

7. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

I feel you pain. I 2005 my wife was pregnant when we had to evacuate for Hurricane Rita. We spent 2 week in a 25 foot camper trailer with our in-laws and our 2 year old son. It was in the 90's everyday. I know she was missarable, because she made our lives a living hell. I was kind of glad they called me back to work a week before she had to be home!

As far as a drought, I wish. It is amazing how different things can be just a few states over. Texas and Louisiana have had the wettest summer that I can remember. I think we've had a total of 10 days in all of the month of June and July that it hasn't rained. I've had to cut my grass every 7 days or so, and sometime with water still on the ground just to help the drying process and to keep it from getting out of hand and to help control the mosquito population. Mosquitos SUCK!!!

8. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

We live in Fieldstone Farms. All the houses are 12 to 14 years old (mine is 14). I have an original ac unit (Bryant), which by the way died Sunday. We are staying at my parents in M'boro until we get it fixed.

If you are prayin type, we don't have $4,000 for a new unit and are hoping the the home warranty folks will replace the sucker.

9. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

Hey Pickled Midget, I'm the praying type, so I will be more than happy to pray for you.

I am also the giving type. I think if you would post your address or maybe a paypal account, the people on this board would donate to a worthy cause. The "My pregnant wife is hot fund" is a good reason for people to donate. If some of the generous people on this board would help out the cost of that new AC unit would come down real fast. If in the end the Warranty people do pay for your unit you could consider the money a Baby shower gift from you goTitans.com friends. I would be willing to help out, is anyone else willing to help the guy out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar