How bout that drought?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Aug 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Please send a hurricane.. quick!

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's flooding in london, or so I hear...

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hate to complain, because I like hot weather a lot more than cold weather. But seriously, it needs to drop 10-15 degree's outside. And where are the typical Tennessee 30 minute out of nowhere afternoon thundershowers? My yard is dirt!

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

haha.. agreed.. we haven't had any 30 minute rain storms in forever.. FOREVVEER

5. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

The heat is hurting us more than the rain. My 14 year old AC unit is sucking wind. My 8 month pregnanat wife is tired of an 80 degree house.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Out here, we got hurricane Flossie heading our way, but she won't hit. And that's too bad, because the southwestern sides of the islands are deserts. Kihei-where I live-has had ten minutes of rain in over a year.

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the family spent the weekend at a little get-away cabin in Granville on Cordell Hull lake (about 65 miles west on I-40) and I Was shocked to see tall GREEN grass ..... even more shocking is the temperature when we arrived Friday Night @ 7pm was 80*
    I caught at least 8 people outside mowing lawns
    it was weird .. felt like I was in another state

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

man midget.. that's gotta be tough.. 8 month pregnant wife.. with 80 degree temp inside... glad i'm not you..

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Damn dumb lawn guys set their mowers to super-low about a day before we started seeing 100 degree weather. Needless to say, even though I'm running the sprinklers 3 times a week it's looking like a South Florida sandlot right here in middle TN.. I spend 2 hours deep watering about 50 trees around the house this afternoon (before the dog got stung by a wasp and had to go to the emergency vet).
    I have some property in Peytonsville which between the late spring freezes and drought summer is really taking a hit.. The church next door has a field of the tastiest blueberry trees - they usually produce 2 tons of blueberries.. This year not a single one.. No crabapples etc..
    Hope we get a break next year..

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow, this just became the sympathy for PickledMiget thread! Good luck with the next month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar