How about that Brandon Jones?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

What impresses me most is his ability to keep a catch in traffic. Almost all of his catches the last few weeks have been while he was covered, and he's taken a lot of hits and held onto the ball. That's something we haven't seen him do well before.

I'd lock him up before the season was over. He's worth gage-type money. J-Mac, however, is not looking like a starter.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

speaking of who's worth playing and who's not ..... w(here)tf is Paul Williams ?

3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

BJ looked good and I was impressed - I just hope he can build off this and become that consistant go to guy. Hawkins only continues to impress as well, it looks like he has the softest hands out of all our WRs. He's made several fantastic catches the past few weeks. He's making the most out of his oppertunities Justin Gage dropped a few and look really inconsistant. He was disappointing to say the least. But he did come through on a couple slants. J-Mac - did he do anything?

Also Bo Scaife looks like he could line up as a wide out and be more productive then most of our WRs. He can get off jams at the line and use his body to catch short and intermediate passes. Also when he gets the ball you can tell he has the desire to go get the first down. The play where he caught the ball about seven yards from the first down and then took off and beat defenders to get a first down is only one of his many first down grabs this year that was impressive. He has the potential to be a special player for us for a long time because he works hard and is consistant. He also has awesome hands for a TE, which is just another bonus.

4. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I was all over Gage for a while, and then he turned it around in game. I am hoping that something clicked in this game (first good game after his injury) and that we will see the Gage we hoped he would be when the Titans locked him in this off season. But B Jones has really stepped it up these last few games.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Riding the pine and costing us Mookie Johnson.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

finally a Brandon Jones sighting!

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Not that Mookie was ever very impressive in his time here. Either guy had that "potential" label on him. Safe bet is neither amount to much in this league.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I've always had the impression that Jones is more comfortable in the slot, too. It would be interesting to see if he started to struggle if he replaced JMac. As fans, we all jumped on him for a couple bad drops, but really he's had good hands overall. I think maybe his biggest problem has just been staying healthy... he's been slowed by a couple injuries that have come just as he seemed to be breaking out. Guys like that you never know - but if he can keep himself on the field he could be a very productive WR for us. I hope so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar