How about that Brandon Jones?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Nov 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Guy can catch cant he? He's going to be huge in the post season. I think that TD to Gage should have been set up for Jones, he done all the hard work today down the field.

Hawkins coming along nice also. Our Passing game slowly coming alive.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Jones was the best of the young WRs when he was a rookie. It's nice to see him coming on. He should be playing instead of McCareins and Hawkins moved to the slot.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

They should put Hawkins out wide and put Gage in the slot....or how about the bench?

That guy is too inconsistent for the money he is being paid.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Jones has had his streaks of inconsistency, but over the past few weeks he's really made some great catches. I think Gage still could still be very good, but he's been dropping balls left and right lately. We can't afford that. I know Dinger had said Hawkins wasn't quite doing the right things in practice to be trusted on Sundays, but I'd still like to see more of him. When you only get a couple chances in a game and you come through like he has, you've earned more shots.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm not surprised he's done what he's done this season, he's got good ability. I hope he can keep this up and stay healthy, we'll need him down the stretch. And yeah he can catch, but he's had his fair share of drops in the past....this year he seems to have swapped gloves with Gage :ha:

But since we all like to look into the future (in the year 2000! oh sorry :ha: ), isn't Jones a FA this offseason? If so, it reminds me of Odom and LaBoy somewhat. Flashing ability, but not consistently doing it year after year.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

maybe the preseason bashers of B. Jones will finally be quiet. The guy is clutch.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

he is anything but clutch, but he finally playing CONSISTENTLY.

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Some of us has known it from the beginning :grrhee:

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

It's about time we see this kind of play out of Brandon. My beef with him in the past has been he isn't the most "aggressive" wide receiver. He doesn't seem to have that "I'm going to go up and catch the ball no matter who is around me" attitude. If he's open and has a well thrown ball, then he seems to be clutch lately. I did like some of the catches he made yesterday, he showed more aggressiveness than I've seen in a long time. Like Dinger says, it just depends on which Brandon shows up. I hope we see the Brandon we saw yesterday for the rest of the year, we need him!!

Gage just flat out ticks me off. I thought for sure he was benched yesterday when we saw Hawkins in the game, but I think Gage got some of his confidence back after catching a couple. Gage needs to start playing like he played before he was shown the $$$. McCariens needs to sit. I say activate Davis and throw him in the slot.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I agree. JMACs curve seems to be going downwards and he hasn't been what we hoped for. Hawk made some nice catches yesterday.
    Gage' problem seems to be in his head.

But... we still need a speedy receiver. CJ takes his time to find the handle on the ball, when it's coming from the air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar