Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans Game Predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TheSureThing, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Very unfortunate what happened to Houston and the surround area, and an issue like this is of far greater significance then a football game...I wish nothing but the best for anyone affected by this tragedy.
    As far as the game...I would predict we'll blow them out but you really never know. Anyone remember when NO played Atlanta in their first home game after Katrina? Raw emotion definitely shows up on the football field, and the players of Houston have something to play for: the morale of their entire city.
    27-24 Titans-they could very well give us a run for our money, and people are forgetting how good their D really is.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Andre Johnson scares me more than anybody on our schedule. He's a stud and he'll get his. Finny is shot put straight to the starting job in the Pro Bowl if he holds him to less than 8 catches and 100 yards.

If Schaub had any protection, AJ could hit 1500 yards and 18-20 TDs (If he could stay healthy of course).

24-14 Titans. Aside from AJ, I don't see them doing much.

3. cajuntitan

cajuntitan 26.2ers can do it for hrs

The real difference here is that that game was played at home and it was nearly 13 months after the fact. This is just way too soon. Do you remember the 2005 season (the year Katrina hit)? The Saints went 3-13. I could be wrong. Like I said it's just my guess.

I personally love the city of Houston. I go there 5 or 6 times a year.

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Katrina was a completely different story. Besides, this is houston..

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That house looks like a toy house.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I saw an aerial overlay on the news last night of a neighborhood before and after Ike. It looked a lot like that photo. I can't imagine how the Texan players will be able to focus on football this Sunday.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I could see it going either way. The league made the right call moving their bye to last week. No way houston could have won last weekend, even if they were playing the rams. I could see them using this week as a way to get back to normalcy, and them showing up focused. It's hard to tell, we'll know for sure once they hit the field though. Either way, I don't think that they can get past our defense.

Titans 23, Texans, 10

8. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Here's to a speedy recovery in Houston(Titans old home town)......but I see a 24 - 13 type victory here for the Titans....our defense is becoming an absolute force in the league right now and i hate the fact of how ESPN will barely recognize our D as being top in the league. The way our defense is now reminds me of that stingy Ravens D from when they won the Superbowl.......can our dreams come true?

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We should crush them despite their extra week of prep. This is an important game to distance ourselves between Jags and Colts. With sanders out, should be long day for Colts.

10. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Hate to see things like this happen! Used to live in the great state of TX, it's a pretty nice place with good people!

Maybe I should talk my brother-in-law, who builds "hurricane-proof" places in Gulf Shores, into moving to this place to help you out.

You're in our prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar