Houston...err...Tennessee, we've got a problem!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Is it me or do we keep adding talent to the D but they look the same...BAD!

My ONLY hope is that Fisher is keeping things 'vanilla' in order to compare players in like situations. However, all players getting beat doesn't give you much to compare!

And I'm already seeing the same bad coaching on D...bad tackling and bad angles. When is this gonna stop?

If the D is not vastly improved from last season, the DC (at minimum) needs to get the ax! It's not like we have a dirth of talent on D and short of catestrophic injuries, any worse than 16th on D = bad DC!

On the other hand, a bad D will equals a lot of losses and a lot of VY. It probably would also equal the end of the Fisher era.

That was an embarassing performance against the Broncos!

Gut

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Amen, the highlight point for me was when Nash was tearing us up. That was embarassing.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans clearly didn't match up well against the Broncos. I don't see this on Schwartz.

I place the bulk of this on inferior talent or experience at DL against one of the top OLs in the game. Starks isn't showing the development many hoped he would. Clauss is limited. Mahelona is a rookie. Odom went out. LaBoy couldn't start. Shobel should be cut and KVB simply wasn't very effective.

Sirmon may not be able to shed blocks and have the impact the Titans need in the middle either. But I'll hold judgement because the Broncos OL will make many mediocre defenses look foolish this season.

I'm hoping it was a wet field, wrong cleats, bad plane food or something else besides just inferior talent on the Titans D that created the disaster we witnessed last Saturday. Hopefully, Reese spent some time this weekend looking for DL talent he can bring in off the wire.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Come on TJ- I'll buy their first team is better than ours. But their 2nd and at time 3rd team was cutting our "1st-2nd" team apart. There is a problem.

That was an uncoordinated defensive effort for 60 minutes. No prep, no plan, no adjustments in the game. The same style of defense for the past 2 years- no progress/improvement. The players are going banannas. There IS a coaching problem.

Fisher needs to let the fraternity stuff go and get Schwartz out of there.

5. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

The Broncos ran PA and Bootleg after Bootleg and there was never an adjustment to stop it, that lies directly on the play calling. You could look at the players and tell they had no fire under them. Havent we been seeing that the last few years on D , along with poor tackling and blown coverages?

Just go back and watch the game when Schwartz is talking to his players, you can tell by the looks on their face they dont respect him. And if they dont have respect for him they defiantly arent going to buy into what he is selling or play hard for him.

Then Chris Hope talked about how they had a bad practice and were flat, and in his opinion parctice should have been started over, but it wasnt and it carried over into the game. I just want to know how long this has to go on before Schwartz's head or anyone else's is gonna roll.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:irked:

Attached Files:

7. TitanJeff

I didn't see their second and third team on the field while our entire first team was playing.

I'm not making excuses. There is a problem. But it's because the Broncos OL was superior to what the Titans put on the field at DL. You don't think Haynesworth makes a difference? Even with Haynesworth, the Broncos are a top five NFL team.

8. TitanJeff

What adjunstments are you guys asking for? The first team defense was not the one who came out to play the second half. I don't think we'll see everyone bite on the bootleg when the games count. I don't see this as a coaching issue.

The Titans defense was simply overpowered playing straight-up, vanilla football. That should be the concern here, IMO.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Are you suggesting we were overpowered, "out-talented", in every match-up? Surely you'd agree this unit played without a "coordinated" effort. Blown assignments, poor reads, poor execution. Many of the missed assignments were due to frustrated vets trying to make plays on the other side of field. The concerning issue is that this is the same (only worse) faults we've seen over the past 2 years.

This is not a cohesive unit. At least 5 of these individuals all have the talent and capacity to be pro-bowl caliber but they look like chumps out there. I don't see how you can assign the responsibility of the REPEATEDLY dismal performance over the past couple of years to the only constant-COACHING.

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Jeff, did it seem to you that in the beginning of the game, when it was mostly starters, that the Broncos couldn't help but score? They made it look so easy. It really was scary. It looked like some of the worst stuff from the past two seasons. Most of all, what really shakes me is this often mentioned point of the players appartent apathy and lack of respect they seemed to show JS when he was speaking to them. I tried not to think alot of it at the time, though it did raise an eyebrow, but now that others are harping on it I'm even more concerned now. It just looks as if JS has lost the team... I am not very hopeful at all at this point. The remedy is destroying Atlanta, but they are licking their own wounds at the moment so we are sure to see two very bitter and angry teams Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar