Horton on Sammie Hill.....Am I Missing Something????

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kenny, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Special Ed Valedictorian

2. kenny

kenny Starter

He is under contract and needs a realistic evaluation, not an ego stroke. He needs to improve to be average.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I finally saw the actually quote...

So he basically said that if he made a lot more plays and was surrounded by great players, he could be good. I think that is applicable for most people.

I stand by what I said, he makes a couple of plays per game and that is decent for a nose guard. The guys behind him need to make more plays.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. kenny

kenny Starter

Here's the actual quote with added info from PFF. Take what you will from Horton's comments, but the fact remains, he doesn't collapse the pocket. The run get's by him way too often. If he is taking on 2 blockers, I do not see it too often in games. I haven't missed a game in years. He does take on a double team from time to time, but he is not a pass rush threat, or a grader pushing the pocket back on the QB. If he were, even with our LBers our pass rush would be better & run defense stronger.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/11226/ray-horton-raves-about-sammie-hill

According to PK Hill grades as 61st out of 79 NT in the league. Receiving a -4.9 whereas Aaron Donald (Rookie) grades out at +29. Don't get me wrong I know Hill does not have a great supporting cast. He is supposed to be the starting point for pass rush & run defense in the middle. There are not supposed to be players better than him improving his play.

Mike Martin is a bit small for NT, but he is a beast. I have watched him work out a few times. Saw a show where he & Suh had a weight lifting competition & he made Suh look bad. I would love to see how he did at NT for a few games. In 2012 his rookie season he played great at DT. For some reason he is barely seeing playing time now.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... nothing wrong with that quote.

Horton basically just said our defense is a joke and that Hill would look a lot better with a good defense.

True.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh come on Sammie!

http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/20...ee-hill-named-in-sexual-assault-investigation

7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Just shows how over rated this coaching staff is. Should have hired the Lions O.C. as head coach :hang:

8. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TWW2 or Hill?

10. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

TWW2.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar