Horton: 4 Games before we see true D

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Brew City, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

BS. Peyton Manning is merely an exception to "the rule".

However... it can EASILY be argued the coaching lost Manning his second Super Bowl.

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Okay. Same thing for Brady, Rodgers, or Brees. More than likely they are always gonna be a threat no matter who their coach is. People said Alex Smith was only good because of his coach. Well he went to KC with a new coach and had success again.

3. RTH

RTH Meh...

Andy Reid is a very good coach. Same with Harbough (sp?). Smith's only good seasons were under good coaches.

Never seen Brady outside of Belichick - great coach

Brees was ok in San Diego, but great in NO... Payton is a good coach.

Rodgers... might be on par with Manning.

4. TitansWillWin2

What I'm insinuating is that if you have a great QB it doesn't matter what system or coach you have, he will succeed and so will your team.

5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Dan Marino begs to differ.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. RTH

RTH Meh...

I understand what you're insinuating, but I pointed out most of who you listed have good-to-great coaches.

7. TitansWillWin2

But who made those coaches good? The QB.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I was thinking about Marino as well....he did very well with Shula, then not so great (from a team standpoint, anyway) without him. Shula, on the other hand, went to two Super Bowls with two different teams with that powerhouse QB Earl Morrall at the helm (including the Dolphins' perfect season, in which an injured Bob Griese got the nod in the SB after having been out all season).

I think that a good coach is just as important in most cases.

9. Titansman1

Titansman1 Time To Start Crushing!

If you want to see a good example of what bad coaching can do for a team look no farther than the Titans in recent years.

The truly great QBs that can pretty much run the offense singlehandedly are few and far between (ie Peyton Manning). But having an excellent coach who can get the most out of the talent they have, and coach decent players up to the next level is what you need if you don't have that "one in a million QB".

10. TitansWillWin2

Ok. What's going to be your excuse when we suck this year. We don't have the talent right now. Yeah we have some players who are young and talented but no where good enough to be a competitor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar