Hopkins was Asked to Play for Vet Minimum

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Some players would be willing to take that big paycut if the alternative is being forced out of the league. And it's not like the Titans can afford to offer much.

I don't blame Hopkins for declining the offer, but I don't really see it as a slap in the face.

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

When all is said and done he still might be re-signed. It depends on what kind of offers he gets elsewhere.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What the average salary is for a starting left tackle in the NFL?

4. Who says he'd be starting?

5. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

When was the last time that happened? They always say that, but rarely does a player come back once he's cut. If the Titans really wanted him, they'd have renogiated his deal.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Then why bother making any offer at all to someone you plan to use as a backup in a one-year deal?

7. Why not? Backups are people, too... :ha:

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it's more like they took a dump on him. Business is business. That's just what I'm telling myself.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think they dumped on him. Obviously they knew Roos was the better player and that Hopkins was only going to be a backup so they offerred wqhat they thought he was worth to them. Certainly Hopkins could be worth more to another team so good for him. However, there is no reason the team should carry dead weight at the expense of the rest of the team just so they don't hurt a guys feelings. How many millions has Hopkins made from his 13 years with the organization? To think they should have offerred an few extra mill a year just to be nice is moronic.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Poor Hopkins:sad2: to bad he can't live off $ 770,000 for a yr. Sure hoped he saved those Millions in got when he redid his contract. I guess he will have to move to the low income housing now..oh the horror:brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar