Hopkins Release Official

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: According to his agent, the Titans have informed veteran tackle Brad Hopkins that he’s being released. Hopkins was a first-round draft pick of the Houston Oilers in 1993. "They said they are going to officially release him today or tomorrow," agent Mark Bartelstein said. "From a cap standpoint they said it was just something they had to do." Hopkins was scheduled to earn a base salary of $4.25 million in 2006 and had a $5 million option put in his contract last offseason that would have added years 2007-09 to his deal.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

Ok, now who is going to start next season on the O line?

Looks like there will be a major face lift with the OL!

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Assuming no one else on the line is cut(unlikely), and we dont draft a OL(unlikely), it will look like Roos, Pillar, Amano, Olsen, Stewart

4. Olson is a goner. Bell will be in his spot. Roos to LT and either Stewart to RT or some other addition. Or perhaps they draft D'Brick and keep Roos at RT.

5. Bennett83

Bennett83 Guest

So, Roos, Pillar, Amano, Bell, Stewart. Is this an upgrade? What about Ferguson now? Would we play him instead of Stewart? Assuming that's who we draft of course.

6. I'd glad they let Hopkins go. It was time to move on, seeing as how we drafted his replacement last year. He was clearly on the downside of his career.

That said, Hopkins was an excellent LT over the years and it is a bit sad to see him go.

7. It can't possibly be a downgrade after last year...

If they draft Ferguson, he'd have to start on the left side and Roos would stay on the right.

8. metal957

metal957 Starter

This is going to get real interesting around the league and I have to amit, I can't wait.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Did Hartwig get cut and I missed it? I know it's a likely cut, but presumptive that Amano immediately replaces him.

10. metal957

metal957 Starter

No he is an UFA. Most like;y he will test the market and after seeing what he is worth will come back to the nest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar