Hopeless as a fan

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

It was his first season. However we would have made it the second season if VY would have started sooner. For some reason Fisher was set on riding collins to an 0-6 start. It took a 59-0 loss for him to make a change. Fisher is a lot like Whiz in many ways. Very stubborn.

2. Doc

Doc Pro Bowler

WRONG.

The First law is that given enough time, every Topic will eventually leadback to a former Titan player that left leaving a bitter taste in fan's mouths. (Insert VY / CJ here)

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Losses don't ruin me right now, but that loss to the Ravens in the playoffs did me in. I'll gladly admit that. It was brutal. Took me a long time to recover from that. And when I start thinking/talking about it I get really worked up and pissed off. So I have to be careful not to bring it up.

I'd sacrifice a great grandparent rather than lose a playoff game like that again... Jk jk, but seriously they're old anyways. :)

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Same with me. It used to be if the Titans won, I would watch Football all day on sunday. If they lost, then I would avoid any games/highlights until the next week.

Now I just expect a loss from the Titans, and I actually look forward to the other games, like you said just to appreciate what a good NFL game is like.

5. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Today I was feeding my dog some table scraps after I ate and I all of a sudden saw us (Titans) as the dogs laying at the foot of the table waiting for other teams to dump their scraps. That is pretty much our reality, year after year we rely on other teams discarded garbage as our hope. Hopeless? No, but getting pretty damn tired of the same ole chit.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

youre not kidding

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Playoffs are a different story. Those sting for a long time lol.

This team just sucks and we should have known they would suck going into the season. Im just not going to let them ruin my days.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

well given the Titans history the last 6 years, it wouldn't be any worse right?

9. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

I'll be a fan for as long as I live. I don't feel hopeless, but as a fan theres things you want to see the team don't and you don't want to see them do.

I knew we were going QB in the first round after we cut VY, my mindset was "Please, anyone but Jake Locker." They take Jake, I eventually came around and thought he would be good after looking nice in spot duty during his rookie year.

Then this year, I had the same sentiments towards coaching "Anyone but Whiz" and a RB "anyone but Sankey."

When teams make moves that just make you cringe, and on top of that they are constantly losing it just just makes it even less enjoyable. If we were winning, it would be a completely different story and I'd enjoy a nice plate of crow.

But when you're watching a terrible team with staff/players you don't like or enjoy watching, it gets harder to want to devote your time to watching games.

I'll still support the franchise and want the best those staff members/players I'm not keen on though.

10. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

Eh..... hopeless or not, they're still my lovable losers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar