Hope the crowd is better this Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by skitch, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Let me preface with this.....
    Obviously we were not given anything to cheer or get excited about last week....and it did not cause the horrible play on the field, but....

Even during the first series of the Texans game......the crowd was dead.

I was sitting there thinking....."wow. This is a big game and this place is dead!"
    I was going to post that here or tweet it, but the cell system was clogged up and I couldn't get on.

Don't get me wrong....as the game went on we had nothing to be excited or pumped up about, but it was a weird, dead feeling at kickoff.

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

After the Steelers game, I think most people were holding their breath. I am happy to cheer for my team- when they deserve it.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I am sure there were plenty of fans just like me. Tired of the SOS. I pay my season tickets and expect, no demand that the players/coaches act like they give a crap. With everything that was on the line last week I didn't see any of that from the players or the coaches. I left early when it became very apparent that the titans were giving a "mailed it in" performance. I will show up Sunday but if the same team as last week shows up expect a similar reaction from the fans. :suspect::suspect:

4. skitch

I agree.
    I just thought it was dead before the game even started.

5. amy

amy Starter

Likely, the crowd came to the game not expecting a whole lot, and that's what they got. If they would come with a more positive outlook, start cheering when the players take the field, and be cheerleaders, then the play would have a good chance of improving. Thought is action, and so much negativity can wreak havoc on things. Our world today is the prime example.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. skitch

Yep.
    But all the talk was that this was the B iG game....for first place in the division....no matter what happened last week.
    I thought the crowd would be more "up".
    Oh well.
    Then a gain, we are the same fans that are still filing in the gates well after kickoff. Lol

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Our fans at LP/Adelphia have sucked since 2002.

And it gets worse every season. Truly sad how we went to most feared place to play to "home away from home" for any and every team in the league.

But-

The marketing team needs to do their job and make the experience more fun. The atmosphere itself is just extremely bland. Take a note from our neighbors, the Memphis Grizzlies. Their crowds werent great until they gave them something back... and what do ya know... the team's performance got better too.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

possibly opening up more gates so that the people dont have too show up at 1100 in order too not miss the opening kickoff?

• High Five High Five x 5
  9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

if they play like they did last week the team will be boo'ed off the field again.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep

they will need to open strong or it will turn ugly fast. I really think they should NOT introduce any players either, might be ugly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar