Hood Works in Place of Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Dec 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

If someone sees Nick Harper around, accidentally bump into that bad shoulder for me.

2. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Those ratings are terrible

3. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Hood does not equal Bulluck in any way. I'd rather have Harper in there if we could have Bulluck back in the line up. :( Even though Hood could be a much better CB then Harper I don't think Hood salvages anything.

4. iQon

iQon Starter

I facepalm a lot when Harper is in the game. He seems to blow coverage every week.

But I think we need both this week. All bias and hate aside. At least activate Hood for some dime packages. No Bulluck or Thornton will kill us if we don't get some help in the secondary.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

PFF keeps some stats that are uselful. Their rating system, however, is subjective and total garbage. Look at the safeties. Griffin is at the bottom of the heap, but Reggie Nelson is just below average? This hasn't been Griffin's finer year, but statistically, Nelson is the most burned safety in the league. Garbage.

6. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Huh? Both players have been garbage this year and Griffin has given up more TDs, more yards and has less tackles.

Also Nelson is ranked 61 of 84 which is the bottom 27% of the league, hardly "just below average".

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Actually, I was looking at safeties that play 75% of their defense's plays. 26 of 37, and there shouldn't be 11 players between him and the last ranking.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2009-12-23/story/will_jaguars_reggie_nelson_be_demoted

Griffin has really only had a couple really bad games such as the NE game. He doesn't belong on the bottom of the list with guys like Nelson ahead of him. Like I said, garbage.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That profootballfocus.com website is just some nerds crunching the numbers, and means zero on the football field. That site is exactly why I don't buy stats for much. They help make or break an argument but they don't reflect real life or tell the whole story. I mean look at the total number of tackles some players have in any given game. The total number of tackles somehow always seems to total more than the total number of plays that were even called. That site is bogus because it has Johnathan Joseph, Jabari Greer, Tramon Williams, Leigh Bodden, Josh Wilson, Lardarius Webb, Brandon Carr, Tyron Brackenridge, Mike Jenkins, Aqib Talib, Terrell Thomas, Steve Gregory, Brandon McDonald, Domonique Foxworth, Mike Adams, Will Allen, Tracy Porter, Kelly Jennings, Bradley Fletcher, and Sean Smith ALL ahead of Cortland who is a top 5 CB in this league. That same dumb site says Ray Rice, and Pierre Thomas are both ahead of C.J..

I am so so so so relieved to see Hood getting some quality practice this week. Maybe now the Bulluck loss won't be as bad.

9. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Fixed.

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

They have a point system where they award points to players based on "their success" in the plays they make. Players could be identical statistically, and one could be on top the list while the other is on the bottom because it's based on some nerds thinking one guy's tackle looks better than another guy's tackle. Somehow, this system allowed Reggie Nelson, who has allowed 100% of the passes in his coverage to be completed in nine games so far, to be ahead of a lot of guys that are better than him. It's a completely subjective system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar