Home Theatre Problem

Discussion in 'Gear' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

What I have now is only two sets of component cables(?) my PS3 set which have each blue, green, orange, red and white and a set with only the blue, green and orange. I just don't want to go out and buy the wrong stuff. Oh and a set of RCA's

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the simplest thing to do is to hook everything (audio and video) directly to your TV ... then connect the audio OUT of your TV to the AUDIO IN of your Home Theatre System

this way everything that the TV receives will pass through to the HT

the reality is that the unit doesn't have enough inputs to do justice to your gear .. the AUX inputs are for receiving audio, but thay are composite (red/white) and are analog. the HT "may" decode some 5.1 information, but it's unlikely

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Your idea of plugging everything into my t.v sounds good but i don't see an audio out from my tv. Just the two component ins, three video ins, two s videos, a digital in and something that says prog out ( red white yellow). Plus where would I plug something into the receiver? In the RCA aux 1 spot?

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Program Out is it
    it is analog, but will send audio from the TV to your 'amp'
    if your TV is sophisticated enough to have a Digital Audio IN, then it certinly must have some form of Audio output (which it does, albeit not Digital)

if true Dolby Digital 5.1 or even 7.1 is what you're looking for, you might want to look at legitimate AV Receivers from Harman/Kardon, Onkyo or Denon

I have an HK that has 4 digital Inputs (both Optical and Coaxial (single orange-which is what alot of Motorola cable boxes use)) it does Dolby Digital (EX, ProIIx,etc..) DTS Neo, and HK's own Logic7 among others.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yes, ..... it sounds like it's your only choice
    the unit you have was designed to be a stand-alone component focusing mainly on the on-board DVD player and giving little thought to other external equipment

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Hey thanks man. I'll try this right now I believe I have enough cables. Thanks everybody.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Nothing seems to be happening.

Aquestion: if the prog out is for audio why does it have a yellow spot.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah it works. Beautiful. Only now I need a universal .... thanks guys.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

yellow is for video
    you can output the audio without having to output the video

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar