Home Theatre Problem

Discussion in 'Gear' started by A Fightin'Titan, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I just recently purchased a "Home Theatre" and am having a hard time setting up. I don't want to get into everything in case no one can help but the main problem is getting my digital cable in surround sound.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

There's some guys here who can help but you might want to explain in more detail what you're trying to do.

The way my digital cable worked was to use a HDTV cable to the tv but those dual audio cables to my receiver. I've heard of some receivers having HDTV input which would probably be ideal as you could it to the receiver then the video out to your TV.

3. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Yeah ...

I'm just really reallybad with this stuff. My coaxial cable comes from my wall into my digital box ( from the cable company ) and normally would go with a cable coaxial to my tv. Now I have this Samsung home theatre which works fine with dvd's I just don't know how to get my PS3 or normal television on it also(Sunday ticket for the game). This sysytem came with the four towers, sub, but I don't think a receiver or anything. It came with a 5 disc DVD player which the lady said was both.

4. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

My TV has 2 component inputs in the back ( blue,green, and orange/red?) and three normal RCA inputs along with two S video. As of right now my new DVD/reciever is hooked up to one component spot for the normal DVD and the other my PS3. How could I hook it so everything goes with surround sound? I really hope that's possible or i guess surround sound wasn't what I thought.

5. You want all of your devices (DVD, PS3, & cable box) all having an audio input to the audio receiver for the theater system. I don't know how many inputs it has, but generally you'll have something like 4-6 inputs.

And when you use the TV, you'll switch the audio on that theater system from TV to DVD to whatever other device you want to use.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Wow. Well I guess the lady straight out lied to me because this doesn't have any audio inputs. Just a component out, a digital audio in and a HDMI out. Also I guess it says it has aux in 1 and 2 and a USB port.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

So what I would normally do is split all these cables allowing the video to go to my TV and the audio cables to a "reciever" ? Hmmm.

All my speakers go to this new DVD player so would I be able to connect a reciever to it? Giving me enough audio inputs?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:huh:

Your speakers should go to the receiver. Each component you have should have a means to run into that receiver.

9. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Sorry for the confusion.

My four towers,sub and mid speaker all run into this 5 disc DVDplayer/reciever but all the other ports(?) are what I listed in the above post.

"Just a component out, a digital audio in and a HDMI out. Also I guess it says it has aux in 1 and 2 and a USB port."

Oh and what looks like a spot for a coaxial cable but it is labelled radio ant.

10. I've seen home theater units with a DVD/CD player built directly into the receiver unit so it sounds like that's what you have. I don't know what inputs you have (what is the make and model?), but it sounds like you can do either digital audio out from the cable box to the theater system or use an AUX input from the box. Then connect the PS3 to an AUX input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar