Hollywood goes north

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titanbuoy, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Big day for my hometime. London is hosting the North American premiere of Michael Moore's new flick Sicko tonight. Some keys scenes in the film were shot here in town. I wish it was a Scorsece or Coen brothers' premiere but I guess I'll have to be satisfied with the assclown that is Michael Moore. I'm a huge movie fan so I probably shouldn't pass up what is likely to be my only opportunity to check out the pomp and circumstance of a big time film premiere. The media in here in London is pretty embarrassing, they've been tripping over each other all week for the opportunity to pucker up and kiss Moore's fat pasty butt. Supposedly quite a few "A-list" celebs are set to attend.

As tempted as I am to go check it out, I'm pretty sure the actual event will be pretty much my worst nightmare; Screaming hordes of bleeeding heart Moore fanboys and girls all packed together like sardines, baking in 90 + degree heat.... sounds like a good time doesn't it?

London Fress Press story

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

didn't think it got scorching in Canadia

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Oh yeah, in the summer it can get pretty toasty... high of 33 degrees Celsius today (and humid). The a/c in my car died and since I plan on buying a new car in the fall I'm not inclined to pay the $500+ to have it repaired. A black car with no air is a nasty thing.

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

****** Michael Moore Thread alert - Michael Moore thread alert ********

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

:ha:

He's a polorizing kind of guy isn't he. Personally I just can't stand him. He gets so much media play because of the nature of the subject matter of his films (which I'm sure is quite intentional on his part), while much better documentarians get nothing in the way of mainstream media coverage.

Speaking of media whores... Al Gore spoke here in town last week. And Gwen Stefani played a gig last night.

London is turning into a quality town for pop culture and politics... if you happen to be a 16 year old female.

6. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I thought Roger and Me was well done. He seems to have lost something since then, though.

7. Even Fox "News" gave him a big thumbs up for his new movie...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar