Hoge: on Pittsburgh radio re: Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher has a right to file a law suit if it comes to that but sharing an opinion with a loud mouth you should expect it to come out.

I thought it was a basic assumption that fisher and chow preferred lienart.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:applause:

3. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

It's one thing to comment and analyze a player's abilities, progress, decisions, etc.. But when it's all out, on and on about how bad a member of a team is, it under minds the credibility of yourself and your organization as professional or fan.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I doubt that. Because if he's making things up that Fisher's never said about or to anyone, how is that journalism?

As for Theismann? I much prefer him to Hoge. At least he didn't make it up as he goes along.

5. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Merril Hoge rips Vince Young, again

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

[​IMG]
    Young

This audio's been making the rounds: Merril Hoge on the radio in Pittsburgh.

Hoge, an ESPN analyst, has been a critic of Vince Young from the very beginning. But he pushes it further here, calling the Titans quarterback a "baby" who has "no clue what he's looking at" and saying both Young and Matt Leinart will be cut at the end of the year.

According to Hoge, Jeff Fisher pushed hard against owner Bud Adams and GM Floyd Reese on drafting Young. But Fisher was a Matt Leinart guy, so it's hard to say the Titans would be so much better off if he'd gotten what Hoge insists he wanted.

Adams' infatuation with Young was no secret, and Fisher was in line with his offensive coordinator, Norm Chow, wanting Leinart.

Right now it looks like everybody was wrong, as Jay Cutler is the 2006 first-round quarterback who's getting it.

Today at LP Field, Young will be in the coaching booth. The team will talk of how he'll be better off getting a wider perspective on what unfolds. But I don't doubt they don't want him on the sideline for people to watch because he'd likely let his mind wander and not be focused on Kerry Collins' play and offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger's coaching on the sideline, opening himself up for further criticism.

More...

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Hilarious, now he has to be baby-sat. I'll put in a call, my little sister only charges like 10 buck an hour to babysit, that's a bargain!

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Somehow Hoge thinks he was right about this statement now. I don't know about the rest of you but Vince has done everything but destroy this franchise. Although Vince really only won games his rookie year, I believe he totally turned around this franchise. We were a team with no hope of winning, then we got him running around out there making plays and 2 years later we think we can win the super bowl.

8. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, what to say now? :hmm:

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

how could a cancer survivor spew such bad Karma???

10. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Merril Hoge rips Vince Young, again
    ...so do 80% of Titans fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar