Hoge: on Pittsburgh radio re: Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Sunshine, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

He wasn't close to being right his rookie season.

This clip proves Hoge isn't a professional. He goes on the radio spouting BS he can't even back up. Most of this crap is totally hearsay. Next time one of these ESPN whiners complains about message board rumors or blogs because they don't quote sources, I'm going to send them this clip.

That was more classless than anything I've heard come out of the mouth of Imus or Jimmy the Greek.

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

I've still yet to see a highlight reel that involved Vince's arm, or seen a drive that Vince led the team down the field without his legs. And in the NFL, as Hoge insisted, you must be able to pass the ball. We saw in Vince's sophomore season that once defenses key on the run, Vince is completely lost. And, until he learns to read defenses and throw an accurate (consistently) ball, Vince does not have the tools to make it as an NFL QB

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Well not that I like Hoge, but he did say once teams get film on Young hes going to be ineffective..And Young is by no means effective :hmm:

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

pittsburgH SUCKS!

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This guy makes me sick...

6. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

Don't you see what he's doing!!!!!:tj:

He's trying to get in your heads....

LIES! LIES!

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

We all hated on Hoge for dogging VY. Now we hate him because he was right.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

When I started listening to the clip I was a little mad because regardless of what he was saying I don't like people talking **** about my team or any players. And he started out just talking **** and not offering anything informative. As the clip got on I found his stories or whatever interesting, now whether he embellished or not I don't know, but he's right about why Vince can't be a good NFL QB. Now he says we (and the Cardinals) cut Young and Leinart which I doubt but it's not something I would really object to, to be honest.

9. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

This definitely goes way beyond professionalism. I have wondered ever since Vince was drafted and Hoge started dogging him why Hoge had such harsh feelings towards Vince. I couldn't figure it out and still can't figure it out, but have to wonder why Hoge seems to take it so personally and feels the need to express it on the air?

It's one thing to be critical of a quarterback's play, it's another thing to do what Hoge has been doing since Vince was drafted. Even after Vince won ROY, Hoge was still there to slam him. It just didn't make sense to me.

It's obvious by listening to that audio that Hoge flat out does not like Vince as a quarterback and as a person. Very unprofessional.

I will admit that Hoge seems to be correct on SOME of his observations of Vince as a QB, but I really dislike the fact that this is just fueling his fire. I've disliked listening to Hoge's rants about Vince over the past 3 years, and now you throw some "I told you so" into the mix and it's almost unbearable!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Part of the reason this guy is that way is because he was bashed so relentlessly in the first place for his position so he has dug in.

Kami said he is a hater but who are the other players he is hating on? He took a stand on one high profile draft pick and took a boatload of crap for it. We may not like it, it may not be professional but there he is and after being called a racist and having millions calling for his head he still holds to his opinion.

I think it was the wonderlic that totally turned hoge against vince.

Remember he loved kellen clemens like his own brother on draft day. Clemens is the reason the jets got bret favre.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar