Hoge burries the hatchet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

you wanna know why we couldnt put up enough points??? Cause collins is only a game manager and cant win when he has to do it!! When CJ went down, it showed collins real color!!! Vince has proven that he can win with lendale as the rb and roydell williams as the best wr! ie he went 10-6!!! Collins was 0-6 last year with a much better team!

2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Vince is just another Collins. Game managing at its best. His athletic abilities are just about null and void at his position so that means we're relying on his accuracy and decision making. Not sure about you, but I've seen that and it ain't good. We were 13-3 BECAUSE of our defense and run game. JUST LIKE the reason we were 10-6 the year before.

If you can't see that this team wins games IN SPITE of its QB, then you are simply delusional...or so far removed from reality and the uber fanboy of Vince, I'm not so sure we need an affiliate site named www.goVince.com

It takes a smart, accurate, quick thinker at the QB position. We don't have one on the roster. When it comes playoff time, dont expect to win with the worst QB on the field 3-4 games in a row against quality opponents.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The good thing is that we can compare Collins and Young as they have played with the same team.

What are their records again?

Funny you say that, because it is YOUR theory that says he isn't a winner. Not mine. Rodgers hasnt won a playoff game, according to YOU he isn't a winner since Vince hasn't won one either.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I really don't like taking up for either Vince nor Collins- BUT...

When CJ went down Collins threw for almost 300 yards. It's not his fault everyone fumbled in the redzone.

5. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Um...I don't know other than the only full season Kerry played he got a #1 seed in the AFC. But, as any team with a below average quarterback, you just simply can't beat the good teams when it matters no matter how good the rest of your team is.

When Vince puts up 40+ points in a playoff game, come talk to me. Hell, when he scores a touchdown in a playoff game, come find me...i'll be the first to congratulate him. Unfortunately at his current pace if he makes the playoffs every season, he will need to play about 7 seasons to catch up to what Rodgers did in 1 game.

Compare the Packers TEAM against the Titans TEAM. You will find we are a better team at just about every single position...except QB. And, we both had the exact same results the past 3-4 years.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

40 points is meaningless when you still don't win.

Much like you putting up irrelevant points, you still won't win.

Keep talking, you made a point and you've been proven wrong. I'm done with making you look foolish, you can keep doing it to yourself.

7. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

"40 points is meaningless when you still don't win" That pretty much sums it up. Good quarterbacks can be on ANY team and still win. Bad quarterbacks like the one we have can temporarily be propped up by an otherwise good team. Propped up enough for fans to call him a 'winner' and keep the needle stuck in.

Defending Vince's play is like a Bulls fan defending Luc Longley. Look, you have to have a center on your team, and just because that player has some wins does not mean that he had anything to do with him. In fact, the Bulls won in spite of him...there were 25 other centers better than him in the league if not more. Sometimes you INHERIT a great situation and get to reap the benefits of all the talent that surrounds you.

Keep defending Luc Longley. Keep defending him...someone needs to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar