Hoge burries the hatchet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

How does yours? You posted 2007 stats.

I guess Eric Dickerson is better then Chris Johnson

Eric Dickerson 379 att. 2105 yards. 14 TDs
    Chris Johnson 0 att. 0 yards. 0 TDs.

:rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

when a dude gets benched for Kerry Collins it's hard to use his 2008 stats. I put up his 2009 stats which are IDENTICAL to Sage Rosenfels.

How about YOU compare him for me. CON-VINCE me that I am wrong. Please, i'm stuck with this guy for another year, give me a reason to have faith.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm not giving you a reason. I do not have the desire nor the time to indulge your trollish Vince Young hate.
    We get it, you hate him. No one cares.

It's noticeably amusing how you disappear and then reappear when the VY threads appear.

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

how about his 26-13 record or his numerous 4th quarter winning drives!!

5. TitansWillWin2

stats dont mean jack!!!! would you expect trent dilfer to win a superbowl??? no but he did it!!

6. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

You're so con-VINC-ing

I compare him to the most average and some of the worst qb's in the league with identical stats. Yea, the Titans have had a much superior defense and run game than the Texans and many other teams over the past few years.

And, zero playoff wins. You'd think a quarterback that is one of the best in the game as you say, would be able to take advantage of some of the benefits all of the surrounding talent has to offer him. Unfortunately, we're all still sitting home in January and February. Why is that I wonder?

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

But that's the point. He's just that. Another Dilfer... (if that good)

He's not the superstar people on here pretend he is. He's not a top 15 qb in the league at this point.

If people said "Vince is doing great managing the game, and handling the offense the way we need him to giving us the best chance to win" I, and most everyone would agree.

BUT people instead say "Stop hating! Vince is amazing! He wins games by himself!!".

8. TitansWillWin2

hes not amazing but hes good enough. he is also def in the top 15 for qbs. Theres no way you could name 15 other qbs you would rather have then vince and have a actual argument to back each one of them up. Also he is doing more then just managing the game. we needed he can win the game too unlike collins could. face the facts man!

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Easily.

Drew Brees
    Brett Favre
    Philip Rivers
    Peyton Manning
    Aaron Rogers
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Matt Schaub
    Tony Romo
    Tom Brady
    Kurt Warner
    Eli Manning
    Donovan McNabb
    Joe Flacco
    Carson Palmer
    Matt Ryan
    Chad Henne
    Mark Sanchez
    Matthew Stafford

Granted a few are young, but given the promise they show vs what Vince has- I'll take them with no worries over VY.

Again, I'm behind VY for now. I hope he at least continues doing as good as he did this past season. I'd be satisfied with that.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Back under the bridge troll.

You mean that year we had the worst defense in the league? When he reeled off 8 straight?

How about a 23 - 16 record with defenses ranked:

31st
    8th
    25th

When have I ever said that?

And which surrounding talent would that be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar