Hoge burries the hatchet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

That's what I like to call MAGIC. And Vince has it..

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It's magic!

Seriously, folks. It's not wrong to admit that there is luck involved (both good and bad) in the game of football. Young has his share of both. I don't see giving VY credit (or blame) when it happens.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i dont know about this magic stuff, but he def. has the IT factor!!!

4. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

All I know is he's a better QB than half of the leagues starters right now and he can only improve. He forces defenses to spend extra time game planning for him as opposed to Collins, and currently gives us the best chance to win. And as everyone agrees; he is pretty lucky or special or has 'it'.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I really try to stay out of the Young threads, since most of it ends up being "Young is the best football player ever and is destined to be great!" and "Young is the worst quarterback ever and will never complete a pass." Thankfully, there seem to at least be pockets of this thread where it's avoided.

That being said, I've got to disagree that Young is in the top half of the league. He might have the potential to break into the top half next year, but I just can't get on board with the idea that he's done it yet.

Let's look at it...

QBs that are clearly better than Young (man I hope we can agree on this): Manning, Brees, Farve, Rivers, Rodgers, Brady, Schaub, Rothlisberger, Romo, Warner, Manning #2, McNabb, Palmer. That's 13.

Qbs that are solid QBs, that I believe are "better" than Young, currently, that it's hard to argue against: Flacco, Ryan, Campbell, Orton. That's 4.

QBs that had a bad year, are developing, or were injured, but could be arguably considered "better": Hasselbeck, Smith, Bulger, Cutler, Garrard. That's 5. I really wanted to include Delhomme, since before last season he would have been considered better, but I can't even put in an argument justifying that he'll ever be the same again.

Anyway, there are a lot of variables, but I just don't see any justification that put Young in the top 16. He might get there this coming year, but it's pretty hard to make a case that he was there last year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I just know the kid is special and not short-bus special, really special. Whatever "it" is, he's got "it".

7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

There are a lot of variables; (rushing attempts, rushing yards, rushing td, sacks, fumbles, ypc, 1st down conversion rate, etc) Thankfully this site does the intense number crunching so we don't have to. Kahursky swears by it and according to this; Vince was ranked 13th out of all QB's for total value. (He was ranked 32 the year before last)
    http://footballoutsiders.com/player/17283/vince-young

On a side note; you still think Cutler is better?!!! That kid is just a punk; plain and simple; even Urlacher doesn't really like him. If I had more time I'd do the research to find out Young's W-L record against all the QB's you listed above him. I see what youre saying but Campbell, Orton, Ryan, Palmer are definitely not above. Palmer is by far overrated and all those teams have solid established weapons in the WR corps save maybe Campbell who just has a few first rounders.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Saying Vince is better than Kerry Collins is like the Vikings bragging about how Sage Rosenfels is better than Tarvaris Jackson. Um, congratulations, I guess.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Whats worse is that you name 3 QB's that as of this moment, Vince is far better than.

10. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Tarvaris Jackson 9 TD's, 12 Int's, 70.8 rating
    Sage Rosenfels 15 td's, 12 int's 84.8 rating
    Vince Young 9 td's, 17 int's 71.1 rating

2009 Vince 10 td's 7 int's 82.8 rating

Exactly how does your statement hold any validity? In fact, Vince's magical ending to the 2009 season everyone is saying he is the second coming over is just about IDENTICAL to what Sage Rosenfels did in 2007.

I don't expect any team to win a Super Bowl with Sage behind center...and I dont see how anyone can expect the same out of Vince. And, let's remember, he played THE BEST he possibly can with the best running back and one of the best o-lines in the league in order to put up these massive mind blowing numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar