Hoge burries the hatchet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Alright guys:

My point was, yes- those guys are insignificant. Much like Vince was during many of those wins.
    Throwing for 100 yards a game on screens and slants isn't "carrying a team on your back".

True, a CB may not touch the ball- but Vince threw the ball about as little as an NFL qb could. We protected him. Not the other way around. We wanted the ball out of his hands as much as possible. Hand off or runs. When we let him throw- he threw to the other team.

And Logitar- you've GOT to be joking. In 2006, Vince's most notable win came by the INTERCEPTIONS of Pacman Jones. Yet- I have a bad memory?? lol
    In 2006 Vince Young posted these numbers:

66 QB Rating - 30th in the League. Boy, he sure was leading the team! Carrying them on his back with that efficiency!!
    2,199 Passing Yards - 30th in the League
    12 TDs - 21st in the League
    13 INTs - 13th in the League
    51% Completion Percentage - Last in the League

Boy, he sure was carrying the team on his back. Probably wasnt the ground game that did it with their 5th best league totals. Nahhh... All Vince Young being heroic!

Glad to see the VY fanboys are back. You all vanished pretty quick last time, didn't you? Now it's back to "VY IS GOD! AVG QBs ARE HEROES!!!" nonsense.

2. Deuce Wayne

What we see here is a bad team vs a great college QB. Nothing to hate there.

Just as I never hated Beanie Wells, Troy Smith, etc. Still like Santonio Holmes. And these guys played for OSU... not some school that UM fans have no animosity toward.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

hmmm wat about the bills game, or the texan game, or the ravens game where the d blew it!! im pretty sure henry did not break a 100 yards in the 1st 3 games with collins. Hmmmm i see something here! I believe it is the fact that vince makes it easier for rb's to run more effectively! ANd when u bring in your stats, make sure you add his rushing yards and td to his rookie stats!! OH and btw look at the wr's he had that year, none that are still in the league or doing anything!!! Get a life man and quit hating on vince so much

4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

also even though pac had those two picks, vince also had to work with two fumbles by our rb's and still combined for 3 td's!!! so his role was just as big as pacs if not bigger!!

5. Deuce Wayne

It was just as big as Pac's. But he didn't just take the team on his shoulders like all these Texas Longhorn fans pretend he did. He had a lot of help, and again MOST the time was just there to take snaps. With freedom, he screwed up... and this is why he ended up benched and suicidal.

I'm on the VY bandwagon, but I'd be lying if I weren't scared to death about where it's going. I still doubt he's going to be great. Right now we're pleased with average. He's "managing the offense" and that's all we need.
    I still don't think his mental deficiency will allow him that much success over the long run.

6. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Honestly dude, you can bring out any stat you want and mix numbers and formulas to try and disprove your VY Hate. But the only stat I need to display is.

Vince's Rookie Year
    0-3 Without
    8-5 With

Vince's 2nd Season
    1-0 Without
    9-6 With

Vince's 3rd Season
    12-3 Without
    1-0 With

Last Season
    0-6 Without
    8-2 With

Combine Total Without Vince: 13-12
    Combine Total With Vince: 26-13

These aren't significantly different teams hes playing for, or different at all. He took an 0-6 team to 8-8, and his rookie season he rebounded from 0-5 to .500. His last losing season was probably pee wee football when he was playing a weight class up...

The dude makes his teammates better and wins games. I don't know what it is, if he energizes the defense more or something, but we give up a lot less points when hes in then we do with Kerry Collins. Who had your vote of confidence this time last year.

7. Deuce Wayne

Ah the ol' ignore his personal stats, let's use team stats to bail him out argument.

I can do the same thing for any crappy player on our team. It's a cop-out, and a bad one.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

actually there is a reason the QB position gets upwards of 20% of the CAP. It is by far the most important position. No other position has Ws and Ls tracked the way QB does.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'm just saying, the team plays better when hes in. Stats prove it. We are a gutter team without Vince, and a playoff team with him.

10. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Just admit it Deuce, VY is the man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar