Hodge VS. Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jmac1383, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ico, my point with that quote is that i find it irrelevant that hoge happens to be white and young happens to be black. I didn't say hoge was honest or dishonest with his statements he knows that better than anyone what i'm saying is that i don't want to live in a country where people are fired or their speech is squelched based on race. All over the internet people are calling for his firing and saying he is a racist just because he doesn't like vince young.

And yes history does matter because if this was a trend we could better ascertain whether race matters to him. From what i have read on the internet people are calling him a hypocrite for defending vick's play while bashing young which would throw a wrench in your theory.

Thank you for finally admitting this is a socio political issue with you. As far as black QBs are concerned we have reached utopia in the sense that players are drafted, paid and honored without regard to race.

2. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

"while i'm unsure that the rest of your comments relate to any of my posts, i'll give in to temptation and say this."

clearly there is a disconnect 'twixt us. unsuccessfully, i tried to make it clear ... i'm departing from the context of my original post.

at this point i'm sure my writing skills fall short of making my posts any clearer to yah. peace.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Disconnect? Yeah i guess so if you don't understand general principles or that this isn't just a conversation between me and you or just about merrill hoge. Like your obsession with the word "honest" which was applied generally and not to one particular anal-yst who works for espn.

No hard feelings on my part..

4. wg53

wg53 Starter

Who is HODGE?

It's frickin Hoge.

On another note....didn't Mcnair start all 16 games in 97?

Numbers are almost identical despite the fact that Young didn't start all 16 games either.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

WG, I GUESS THAT'S WHY I also included THE PER GAME STATS! Did you read them?

6. wg53

wg53 Starter

'

No, I didn't see that part, but after having seen that they are almost identical none the less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar