Hodge VS. Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jmac1383, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Here lately I've seen a lot of people talk a lot of stuff about Vince Young. From just saying he sucks to saying he should be a RB. And all this. So okay, debate him all you want. Personally, I think it's silly to think the Titains are going to do anything other that what they are doing. But all this bad VY talk just reminds me of this video. And if nothing else I hope all of the Titans fans can get pumped for next weeks game. Soo check out the video.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDahCWm0oVg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BDahCWm0oVg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDahCWm0oVg

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Been posted like 10 times but still nice to see

3. DannyPitts

DannyPitts "Put a Sock in It" champ

i love that video.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

There's a part two on youtube also.

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Merrill Hoge continues to show his ignorance. I was listening to ESPN Radio and they were doing some show called The Huddle. The hosts were John Clayton and Hoge. At one point, they were doing an interview with Muhsin Muhammad. Merrill started to ask a question about the team morale after Thomas Jones got traded, and even referenced that Jones and Cedric Benson didn't get along, to which Muhsin replied "What are you talking about?" Pretty funny to hear Hoge stutter and stammer after that.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The worst one is the one where he says the team is "hiding" young. Hodge has a right to his opinion and from the beginning didn't think young would be any good. After camp last year he still thought that and that's fine because young had a so so preseason and didn't show his running ability then.

But after young starts about 7 games and obviously is a stud runner with amazing poise and fine recognition for a rookie hodge continues to bash. stubborn until the end.

What hodge should have done was to come to the middle and admit that young is a fine runner and can do some things well. He didn't have to admit he was wrong just be less stubborn than at least he has softened the blow when young is mvp. Jaws had the same opinion of young at the draft but came around to realize he was wrong after seeing what young did for our team. Hodge has no common sense..

7. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

major ditto.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

Hodge, like some posters, is locked into a non retractable position.

basically, having drawn a permanent line in the sand, there is no middle ground. Hodge's position is similar to many VY critics at gotitans; black quarterback=running quarterback=nostalgia for days of yore.

exactly how "days of yore" is understood in a young NFL market ... dunno , :)), this aint strictly about football.

i'm a Titan fan, with great regards for the upcoming season ...

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Even Hodge will be converted, although to fit his ego on the bandwagon, we will have to get rid of a lot of texan fans.

10. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

And dead people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar