Hey, let's watch some LenDale White tape.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Just wanted to point out that it was a tear, which much more serious.

I still think White is faster than George, but I'm young and my George memories are mostly of his later years.

2. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I was just joking around cause his highlight reel is 90 percent runs. :kiss:

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not overly impressed...

If that is a highlight video it doesn't show much. Nash or jarrett payton could run through those huge holes for big yardage. I was expecting to see him slobberknock guys, pound into the end zone after getting hit 5 yards out and stuff like that. Running untouched through a peterbilt sized hole for 50 yards against oregon doesn't say much.

Most of his carries he was able to hit the hole full speed with his shoulders pointed toward the endzone. What big back wouldn't love that?

I don't see him sucking but it is possible he could just be a ron dayne kind of guy.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

@Rolltide--For what it's worth I read that LenDale gained 913 of his rushing yards after initial contact with a defender.

There's some good runs by White in here after Barry Sanders:
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsJPUpD07Fw"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fsJPUpD07Fw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. yep, noel devine = amazing

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Snookus...

That's certainly much better. The stiff arm, the power runs breaking tackles at the line of scrimmage instead of just 10 yards down field. I was impressed with his speed out of the hole. He has good acceleration for a 240 lb back.

7. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

I would just point out that NONE of those posted highlights for Vince are from his Junior year (his best season, especially throwing). They are all freshman and sophmore highlights. You'll notice that more passes start to come in over the last part because he was steadily improving in the passing game, but he was not a complete dual threat passer and runner until his junior year, so we need an updated highlight reel to show his 2005 season if you want to see more passes. Plus, it's just fun to watch Vince run, so his running plays tend to populate the highlight reels more because they're more exciting than simple pass plays.

Lendale looks pretty good to me. I'm excited about Vince and Lendale teaming up to be a great tandem for the Titans. Now all the Titans need is a true #1 WR and maybe a few O-linemen.

8. Scotty35

Scotty35 Guest

he was the biggest steal in the draft

9. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

@RollTide--Yah I was also a little upset after watching that LenDale video, no breaking tackles, no moves, just running.

@Hawk--Here's a tape of Vince's '05 season, along with other Longhorns:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9048728383246059683&q=longhorns

Check out those running backs too, Texas will have several of those and receivers going in the draft in the years to come.

10. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

That's a great highlight reel for Texas fans. Talk about great team speed last season.

The guy that stuck out to me was Jamaal Charles #25. He has great moves in traffic and is so slippery when he runs. Combine that wiggle with outstanding speed and he could be a Heisman contender his Junior year, maybe even his upcoming Sophmore season. Charles just finished running track for Texas and finished 5th in the 100 meters and 7th in the 200 at the NCAA outdoor championships (ran a 10.18 100M at one point this season). With Xavier Carter of LSU quitting football to run track professionally, that makes Jamaal the fastest college football player in the country. If not for his ankle injury last season that hampered him in 3 or 4 games, he'd have gone over 1,000 and would be getting a lot more hype right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar