Here's Why We're Gonna Win Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

first let me start off by saying that we just wont lose this game. if anyone has noticed, every game we have struggled with a certain 'unit' (ie speical, office, defense) in particular. lets recap:

week 1, our offense was stale at best, and couldnt pull through in the crunch. the d did their best during the game, playing pretty good, some sacks and takaways played hard, that never die attitude, even forced it to OT when most thought it was surely over; worn out though at the end.

week two, our offense, mainly running and somewhat passing was back on point, but our D they were just horrible and did not get much pressure on the qb and when they did, they gave up easy 'dump' passes.

week 3, against one of the hottest teams in the league, our offense and D were both respectable enough to win us the game; really they were; but alas, special teams ruined everything and cost us 14 points. not that ST was ever really that good in any game (perhaps if they were who knows we might be sitting at 3-0; only a return away from a win in any of the past three games)

week four --- im thinkin we fix it... ALL... and grab a win in a dominant matter -- or a serious collapse and we drop another. i dont know though i just dont see that happening.

2. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

yep, i agree. we've had every part of our team have a bad week and now we know what we cant do from now on.

after week 1 we talked about the offense
    week 2 offense was amazing for 3 quarters but defense was the problem
    after week 2 talked about defense
    week 3 defense was great, offense wasnt spectacular but we were playing a stout Jets D...but special teams was the problem
    after week 3 talked about special teams and got Mark Jones

every player on offense/defense/special teams has been told about their mistakes in weeks 1-3 and our WHOLE TEAM should click tomorrow...and if that happens, itll be an easy win and get our confidence back

3. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Mistake free game and we'll have a W... I agree with every bit of it.

4. iQon

iQon Starter

No such thing as a mistake free game. It would help more if we could move the chains a little in the 4th.

And hopefully we shut Torry Holt down completely. :moon2:

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

"You Don't want to play the 4th game against us" Jeff Fisher.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

"This is the best team we've ever had" - Jeff Fisher.

he can STFU until he wins a game.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

:obvious:

If we don't turn the ball over, I consider that mistake free at this point.:moon:

8. amy

amy Starter

If we can't beat the Jags,then we deserve all the scorn that will be heaped upon us.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

I look at what should happen versus what DID happen. Did you expect our offense to score 21 points against the best D in the league? I didn't. I was hoping for 14 points...maybe 17. They put us in position to have 16 points which was 3 more than we needed to win. Offense did enough to win the game. Our D gave up 13 points. They did enough to win the game. Special teams killed us missing 2 FG's (bad snap and bad blocking) under 40 yards. Special teams cost us game 1.

We didn't stop or even slow down Andre Johnson...end of story. D killed us week 2.

Special teams AGAIN! When does Lowry get fire? Oh yeah...never. UGH!!!

If we don't, playoffs are just about out the window. For the wildcard we need to sweep the Jags. To win the division we need to sweep the Jags, split with the Texans and probably sweep the Colts.

And BTW, Mouton made fixable errors in the Jets game. On the first fumble he had the ball on the wrong side. If he carried it on the outside, he doesn't fumble it. On the second, he turned and try to catch the ball over his shoulder. THAT is a fumble waiting to happen. CATCH THE BALL (whoever is back there).

I agree, we win today!

Gut

10. iQon

iQon Starter

Because turnovers are the only reason we've lost games this year. And those are turning the ball over is the only way to make a mistake in football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar