Henshaw Hired by Saints

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Henshaw was hired today by the Saints. His official title is senior assistant and running backs coach.

Anyone hearing any rumors on why the Titans didn't renew him?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he was doing too good a job with the TE's ?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I think the best bet is money. To me Chow doesn't seem like the guy who is likely to rub you the wrong way and considering the success of the TE's this year, I doubt they have philosophical differences.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

After a 4-12 season, you don't ask for a raise.

5. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

I think they didn't renew him because they wanted somebody who could also help with the offensive line. I think it could end up being a good move if we find somebody who is really good with the offensive line.

6. They already have an excellent OLine coach. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the move.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Where did that come from?

8. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Earlier this week they were talking briefly about it on the Zone, and none of them knew the reason why Henshaw wasn't retained. McClain said he'd find out, so he might have something to say about it next week.

This is one theory and I doubt if there's any validity to it, but I'll throw it out there for what it's worth. I'm certainly not ready to believe it, but stranger things have happened. Here goes:

Henshaw's son played with Pacman at WVU, and Henshaw asked his son all about Pacman prior to the draft last year. According to the son, Pacman was a model citizen after the incident his freshman year, not disruptive in the locker room, a good teammate, he got along with everyone, no problems, etc. Well, what do you expect from a 20-year old kid being quizzed by his old man? The kid wasn't going to rat out a teammate, but you would hope he would show some candor.

Anyway, according to that theory, some people blamed Henshaw for an inaccurate scouting report on Pacman's character after he started having problems here. I personally don't think Fisher would let him go over that, though.

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

"Henshaw's son played with Pacman at WVU"

I thought Henshaw's son played at FSU

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Fisher to line up coaching candidates
    By Terry McCormick, [email protected]
    February 10, 2006

Fisher said he would like for the new tight ends coach to have some experience with the offensive line as well, if possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar